• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buttons in Australia

ferguscan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering where I can find some nice buttons (brown horn in particular) in Australia?

Either a physical store in Brisbane, or on the internets.

Also, should I attempt button replacement on my jacket myself, or take it to my alterations guy? I've never sewn in my life.

Thanks,

Stuart

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buttonmania.com. Take it to a tailor, it won't cost much.

yoshii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spectre
buttonmania.com. Take it to a tailor, it won't cost much.

There's a .au at the end
smile.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe Photios Bros in Druitt St are good also...

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i find that as one of the world's foremost supplier of MOP, there is a treacherous lack of good and good value button suppliers within Australia. Almost all of the best thick MOP buttons from italy are made from aussie shells.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
i find that as one of the world's foremost supplier of MOP, there is a treacherous lack of good and good value button suppliers within Australia. Almost all of the best thick MOP buttons from italy are made from aussie shells.

also true for wool. how many quality sheep, how many lamb chops, i think i saw a zegna branded textile by australian wool.. yet textiles are so expensive here.

also holds true for crocodile skin (those damn pests that eat our livestock and the random bird), boxing kangaroo, and after work pub crawls..but i'm digressing.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ferguscan
Thanks for that guys. buttonmania seems a bit pricey, and their only style that I like (brown horn on the "natural" page) doesn't come in sleeve sizes
frown.gif

Can anyone comment on this offering from the USA:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RALPH-LAUREN-...ayphotohosting

Seems quite cheap, and shipping would be SFA.

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart,

I haven't bought anything from "buttonsntrim" on eBay, but I do know a couple of people who have and they've been happy with the result. I'm thinking of ordering some button sets from the seller, too.

ferguscan

Reaction score
FYI, I bought some buttons from this seller. Perfectly happy with the result.

Stuart

Originally Posted by Journeyman
Stuart,

I haven't bought anything from "buttonsntrim" on eBay, but I do know a couple of people who have and they've been happy with the result. I'm thinking of ordering some button sets from the seller, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads