1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Borrelli x Vincenzo di Ruggiero shirts - fully handmade, BNWT

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by SimonC, Apr 10, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonC

SimonC Well-Known Member

I have a fairly large number of these, and will be adding full details over the coming days. I've used the yellow shirt in the enclosed photos to show the level of handwork in these shirts, including hand-attached collar and sleevehead, handsewn buttonholes, hand-attached buttons and hand reinforcement at stress points.

They are brand new with tags, never worn. Vincenzo di Ruggiero is a high-end shirt shop in Naples, and previously had their shirts made by Borrelli to their top-line standards.

They fit a little slim compared to the tagged sizes, with the 15.75" measuring approximately as follows:

Collar 15.75"
    Sleeve pit to cuff 20.5"
    Chest 22"
    Waist 19.75"
    Length from bottom of collar 31.5"

The measurements of a 15.5 are:

21" pit to pit
    30" bottom of collar to hem
    17.5" across the yoke
    Approx 34" sleeve from centre yoke to end cuff
    15.5" collar actual

MSRP was about 300 Euros - I'm asking £30 per shirt plus shipping from London to wherever you are. Most of these shirts are colourful, so perfect as we move through summer.

What I have (list will grow):

15.5 yellow stripe buttondown [SOLD]
    15.75 pink spread (abstract weave)
    15.5 pink spread (diamond weave) [SOLD]
    15.5 red spread (embroidered) [SOLD]
    15.5 pink stripe button down [SOLD]
    15.5 pink spread (hexagon weave)
    15.5 orange stripe button down
    15.5 orange spread (hexagon weave)
    15.5 orange / grey spread (embroidered)
    15.75 yellow spread (abstract weave)
    15.75 pink button down (pindot weave)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. Markboots

Markboots Well-Known Member

Just wanted to comment. I bought two shirts already and just ordered 2 more. Simon has more of a supply than listed above. Definitely on the slim side which is perfect for me. Vincenzo di Ruggerio shirts are fantastic and it is simply a steal at the prices Simon is offering. I bought size 15.5 and for comparison I wear Barba Napoli white label in size 15.

Simon is also great to deal with.

Regards,
    Mark

3. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

Simon, any VdR still available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.