• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boot Tuck: Discuss.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Super10
JFKJean - your boot tuck looks great. they really go well with the raw jeans.

But the tie imo doesn't look good with it tho. ditch it and open up some buttons. the boot tuck says semi-rugged
(or semi-careless...aka cool). the tie doesn't match with that. You can also try a thicker pullover sweater. Or Go with a simple henley by itself or with a jacket.

I think so too but for the poster after my other posting, the cardigan is navy, shirt is light pink and obviously red knit tie. The belt is black and chose this b/c the boots are dark brown, it was close enough and I didn't wanna do anything lighter. I like the juxtaposition of worn in/beat up boots to something more dressed up up top.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Raw jeans tucked into boots like that doesn't work. I've already said it before but will say it again. RAW JEANS DON'T GO WITH EVERY SINGLE THING. The fact that raw jeans are by nature stiff, rigid, and especially the slim ones don't allow for decent drape when it comes to tucking. Also, it's an intentionally casual/sloppy look that it doesn't mesh with slightly undone boots or sneakers. Think military inspired where the pants are a bit more full cut, and made from a softer material.
I dunno, I don't think the problem is with the raw jeans so much as with the top half of the fit going way too far into dressy stuff. Had it just been, say, a short hem shirt and a jacket, it would be fine. The bottom half of his pic is a much cleaner boot tuck than what you're referencing. The military style tuck is how I look at boot tuck as well (though I don't have many looser fitting pants) but I think raw denim can be boot tucked, as per the original example. It's just a different context.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boot blousing is a way to keep things from crawling up your legs or protecting your clothes while riding horseback. It works with military/work boots and cowboy boots. This half laced up look looks dumb in my book. If you're going to do it then do it right. I regularly do this out in the field but never on the street.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Gonna disagree with chrono nothing wrong with raws but the color of the boots is terrible I hate brown most of the time and the laces are too calculated. Also the tie has no place in that fit. Ya and the cardi looks cheapish too if I want to nitpick.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
waywt26.jpg

Discuss.

Did anyone else notice that cheesesteak's face has this exact expression:
eh.gif

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
/res

This thread needs more pics. Ones with links that aren't broken.

I ordered some boots online and will show my attempted tuck when they come in (unless it's so horrid that I'm too embarrassed to post it on ze internet).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads