1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Boot Tuck: Discuss.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AR_Six, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Fiddy

Fiddy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

AKA Konami Code

[​IMG]

2. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

my contribution to the boot tuck: fit
    Sorry, that absolutely does not work. The ruggedness of the boots (and associated tuckings) clashes with everything else. And is that a black belt?

3. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Well-Known Member

Definitely not my taste. Boots don't coalesce at all with the entire upper portion. And the belt.....and that tie. jesus.

EDIT - dusty beat me by mere seconds.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Raw jeans tucked into boots like that doesn't work. I've already said it before but will say it again. RAW JEANS DON'T GO WITH EVERY SINGLE THING. The fact that raw jeans are by nature stiff, rigid, and especially the slim ones don't allow for decent drape when it comes to tucking. Also, it's an intentionally casual/sloppy look that it doesn't mesh with slightly undone boots or sneakers. Think military inspired where the pants are a bit more full cut, and made from a softer material.

5. Super10

Super10 Member

JFKJean - your boot tuck looks great. they really go well with the raw jeans. But the tie imo doesn't look good with it tho. ditch it and open up some buttons. the boot tuck says semi-rugged (or semi-careless...aka cool). the tie doesn't match with that. You can also try a thicker pullover sweater. Or Go with a simple henley by itself or with a jacket.

6. JFKJean

JFKJean Well-Known Member

JFKJean - your boot tuck looks great. they really go well with the raw jeans.

But the tie imo doesn't look good with it tho. ditch it and open up some buttons. the boot tuck says semi-rugged
    (or semi-careless...aka cool). the tie doesn't match with that. You can also try a thicker pullover sweater. Or Go with a simple henley by itself or with a jacket.

I think so too but for the poster after my other posting, the cardigan is navy, shirt is light pink and obviously red knit tie. The belt is black and chose this b/c the boots are dark brown, it was close enough and I didn't wanna do anything lighter. I like the juxtaposition of worn in/beat up boots to something more dressed up up top.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Raw jeans tucked into boots like that doesn't work. I've already said it before but will say it again. RAW JEANS DON'T GO WITH EVERY SINGLE THING. The fact that raw jeans are by nature stiff, rigid, and especially the slim ones don't allow for decent drape when it comes to tucking. Also, it's an intentionally casual/sloppy look that it doesn't mesh with slightly undone boots or sneakers. Think military inspired where the pants are a bit more full cut, and made from a softer material.
    I dunno, I don't think the problem is with the raw jeans so much as with the top half of the fit going way too far into dressy stuff. Had it just been, say, a short hem shirt and a jacket, it would be fine. The bottom half of his pic is a much cleaner boot tuck than what you're referencing. The military style tuck is how I look at boot tuck as well (though I don't have many looser fitting pants) but I think raw denim can be boot tucked, as per the original example. It's just a different context.

8. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

Boot blousing is a way to keep things from crawling up your legs or protecting your clothes while riding horseback. It works with military/work boots and cowboy boots. This half laced up look looks dumb in my book. If you're going to do it then do it right. I regularly do this out in the field but never on the street.

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Gonna disagree with chrono nothing wrong with raws but the color of the boots is terrible I hate brown most of the time and the laces are too calculated. Also the tie has no place in that fit. Ya and the cardi looks cheapish too if I want to nitpick.

10. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Discuss.

Did anyone else notice that cheesesteak's face has this exact expression: [​IMG]

11. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

12. Leonard Leroy

Leonard Leroy Well-Known Member

13. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

That looks normal. You must be doing it wrong.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

15. ArteEtLabore14

ArteEtLabore14 Well-Known Member

/res

This thread needs more pics. Ones with links that aren't broken.

I ordered some boots online and will show my attempted tuck when they come in (unless it's so horrid that I'm too embarrassed to post it on ze internet).