1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Well-Known Member

maybe you're the only one that has noticed.

maybe you're a fucktard

2. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Show is good. I think Pitt is a very good actor and the guy who plays Capone is great. The one guy who bothers me is Buscemi (sp?). This role is not for him. Put Alec Baldwin in there and...pow!

I think you're completely missing the point of this Nucky character. Buscemi is just perfect for the way this character is written, and he's acting it with surgical precision.

3. frenchy

frenchy Well-Known Member

i think i figured out what i dont like about the show...the parts with the women,as in Nuckys annoying slut,the irish chick (i know they are setting something up with the fed being obsessed with her and going after nucky but still),Jimmys mom and wife etc etc.
    i now just forward though that shit and the show is much better,i know its integral to the show but trim that shit down and get on with it,more blood and murder please

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Irish chick is cool. Jimmy's mom is cool. Whores in the whorehouse (and the one with slashed face) were cool. Nucky's tramp girlfriend is not cool.

5. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Irish chick is cool. Jimmy's mom is cool. Whores in the whorehouse (and the one with slashed face) were cool. Nucky's tramp girlfriend is not cool.

I'd still like to bonk his tramp GF, 23 Skidoo.

6. Joffrey

Same here. I'll kill her off slowly when I'm through with her though.

7. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

The last scene with the FBI agent was disgusting.

8. gorgekko

gorgekko Well-Known Member

Nucky's tramp girlfriend is not cool.
    The more I see Paz de la Huerta the less I have any attraction for her. Good body to be sure but my God is she a hardcore butterface (And please, don't tell me she looks better in the show, she doesn't). And that voice.

9. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

I liked her until I saw the snake tat. The permanent mullet strikes again.

10. Willie5566

Willie5566 Well-Known Member

The show took another step up last night in my opinion. The introduction of Meyer Lanski. Jimmy teaming up with the half faced sniper. I think Nucky's character became a lot deeper with a look into his abusive upbringing. How about Nucky fixing up his dads place and then torches it? Bad ass!

I like that the pressure is going to mount on Nucky thanks to Lucky and Co. It will be interested to see how he responds. It also looks like Jimmy is going to cross paths with Nucky again.

11. whallyden

whallyden Well-Known Member

The Phantom of the Opera organ music during the sniper scene was awesome [​IMG]

12. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

I think you're completely missing the point of this Nucky character. Buscemi is just perfect for the way this character is written, and he's acting it with surgical precision.

+1

I was catching up on Boardwalk Empire so have avoided this thread until now. But I'm really surprised at the general disappointment--I was on board from the first episode.

Much of the frustration seems to be based on the fact that this isn't the Sopranos. Agreed that it's not like the Sopranos but 1. it's a different show and 2. that's a pretty high standard for comparison. (3. Profit?)

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

moar lesbo scenes plz

14. frenchy

frenchy Well-Known Member

+1

I was catching up on Boardwalk Empire so have avoided this thread until now. But I'm really surprised at the general disappointment--I was on board from the first episode.

Much of the frustration seems to be based on the fact that this isn't the Sopranos. Agreed that it's not like the Sopranos but 1. it's a different show and 2. that's a pretty high standard for comparison. (3. Profit?)

yeah but they set the standard when they went for a mafia show,but i agree its getting better and gaining some steam.
    my only problem is that Tony was never afraid to get his hands dirty and was actually intimaditing,nucky not so much.
    lets put it this way if tonys crew came into that hood they would have ran things within 2 weeks.

15. Saigon

Saigon Well-Known Member

The show took another step up last night in my opinion. The introduction of Meyer Lanski. Jimmy teaming up with the half faced sniper. I think Nucky's character became a lot deeper with a look into his abusive upbringing. How about Nucky fixing up his dads place and then torches it? Bad ass!

I like that the pressure is going to mount on Nucky thanks to Lucky and Co. It will be interested to see how he responds. It also looks like Jimmy is going to cross paths with Nucky again.

The sniper is sick. His voice together with the story about his sniper mask had me glued to the screen when he was on. He's one of the most engaging characters next to Al and Chalkie. I'm definitely warming up to Jimmy too.

16. Joffrey

I guess I was the only one that wasn't a fan of the episode? The sniper scene was cool until they digitized the shot to make sure we knew it was in fact a sniper that killed the guy. Lesbo scene was random - though I thought the girl would be with Jimmy's mom, that would've been interesting. Torching the house didn't excite me, a Nucky thing would've just frowned and left the house with the kid. Needed more Meyer Lanski scenes.

17. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

yeah but they set the standard when they went for a mafia show,but i agree its getting better and gaining some steam.
    my only problem is that Tony was never afraid to get his hands dirty and was actually intimaditing,nucky not so much.
    lets put it this way if tonys crew came into that hood they would have ran things within 2 weeks.

nucky's a public figure...not really in a position to just run amok and muscle people. his storyline is about corruption, not mafia shenanigans like the people he's involved with.

i really liked the last episode. sniper has my vote and had me engaged more than any previous character/episode.

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

I guess I was the only one that wasn't a fan of the episode? The sniper scene was cool until they digitized the shot to make sure we knew it was in fact a sniper that killed the guy. Lesbo scene was random - though I thought the girl would be with Jimmy's mom, that would've been interesting. Torching the house didn't excite me, a Nucky thing would've just frowned and left the house with the kid. Needed more Meyer Lanski scenes.

+1

I think the previous episode was paced a lot better as this felt like it dragged on. Any episode with less Capone and less of Nucky's old mistress is alright though. And the sniper is definitely one of the more interesting characters outside of Michael K. Williams' and Nucky.

19. runner-guy

runner-guy Well-Known Member

nucky's a public figure...not really in a position to just run amok and muscle people. his storyline is about corruption, not mafia shenanigans like the people he's involved with.

i really liked the last episode. sniper has my vote and had me engaged more than any previous character/episode.

+1. The sniper is the one of the most fascinating characters so far on the show. His voice and overall demeanor made him really interesting. Jimmy is turning into a real bad ass. The lesbian scene was pretty good, but both my wife and I commented on how saggy the boobs were.

20. Joffrey

Crappy bras = crappy boobies.

I don't get the many retarded people that expect Nucky to be this intimidating bad ass. You do know he's Treasurer right?