• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bizarre foods that you really enjoy

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smoked horse sausage was my meat of choice when I was growing up in the northwest region of China during winter. Although I would say sheep's head and spleen are also quiet delicious.

The most bizarre food I have ever eaten has to be dog meat. Although I didn't know until later. I have to say it was not bad. They actually breed dogs for meat now in China.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so you really are eating puppy-chow.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think any of us are going to beat a guy who grew up in northwest china.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
Damn asshole. Don't click on this.

teacha.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Goji berries are kind of eccentric but taste really good. I'll put 'em in tea, or eat them by the handful in trail mix. Been doing this for years, since I live near a chinatown where I get them for really, really cheap.

They're starting to be trendy now. Online sites and bookstores are making ridiculous claims about their health benefits, and now nutrition stores and Whole Foods carry them for like $20 / pound. I pay about 1/10th of that. If they have half the anti-oxidants that many nutritionists say, then they make blueberries look like candycorn.

Yeah I've started to see these things everywhere! From farmers markets to normal chain supermarkets

PS - up here in canada we don't all live in igloos and hunt bears, eh?
You can probably find some game meats at specialty butchers but not really at normal supermarkets last I checked

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Balut is something I could never eat. Just the thought, let alone the pictures, really gross me out. I know GoSurface has eaten it and some other guys I know have, and they say it's good..... but just no.

Funny, I grew up eating Balut and never thinking anything of it. I didn't realize that most people found it incredibly gross, but then again if I stopped to think about it I guess it makes sense. Though to me it seems less disgusting than a lot of the weird unnatural junk that people eat anyways, but YMMV.

I've never really enjoyed eating the actual bird, too many bones and too little meat. However the juice and the yellow is delicious.

Reaction score
Boiled Pig's intestines filled with starchy rice/sweet potato noodle

but not roasted butterfly cocoons, never.

I heard that some people eat cooked aborted babies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads