• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beyond the Setting Sun: The Japanese Labels and Designers Thread

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When my interests in clothing shifted towards the casual/streetwear side, I immediately gravitated towards Japanese labels. One reason is because I've always liked the country, which stems from my high school days when I consumed a lot of anime and manga. The primary reason is the fit: as a short person, my proportions are more in line with what the Japanese market puts out, with some exceptions. It means I'm less likely to need alterations, which can add up.

A number of us purchase clothes from a variety of Japanese labels and designers, and I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread for those who wish to talk about them, especially for brands that may not generate enough discussion to have its own thread. Talk about Japanese retailers, proxy services, Made in Japan stuff from non-Japanese labels is cool too.

I've also created a list of existing SF threads on Japanese labels and designers, for easy access. I've been able to find some on my own, but if you create a new thread for a specific brand/designer or if I've forgotten to include any existing threads, let me know and I'll add it to the list. If this thread grows, perhaps it can be a handy little resource. Who knows?

~~

Existing Threads Japanese Labels and Designers

Attachment (Kazuyuki Kumagai)
Blue Blue Japan
J.S. Homestead (Journal Standard)
Julius
Kapital
Momotaro
Nepenthes:
Pure Blue Japan
Strike Gold
Studio D'Artisan
Takahiro Miyashita (Number (N)ine, The Soloist.)
ts(s)
Undercover
Uniqlo
Visvim
Yohji Yamamoto
Yuketen

Other Related Threads

Artisanal Clothing (Layer-0, Taichi Murakami, The Viridi-Anne and Yuu Araki)
Zenmarket (Japanese Proxy Service & Official Affiliate, with Japanese brand spotlights)

Last edited:

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nomad recently received their Comme des Garcons Homme Plus delivery for FW16 and I had the opportunity to browse the store today. At first glance, it's a fairly safe buy, but it's very wearable. It fits with the store's aesthetic, particularly the crewneck sweaters and the zip cardigan. I imagine that they won't be left with as much stock this time when sale season hits, unlike SS16. A LOT of it didn't sell until deep discount; I bought a long shirt and an long rider-style trench at 70% off and it felt criminal.
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads