1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best players Currently in the NBA

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jpeirpont, Jul 16, 2006.

1. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

If I was GM, I think I'd also consider the players around them. Lets say you have a decent PG and center, maybe you go with Durant after LBJ then.

No offense meant, but as chronoaug raised earlier in the thread Durant doesn't even belong in this discussion. In terms of franchise superstars as LBJ, Howard, and Paul are, Durant and OKC have yet to prove themselves.

2. bc78

bc78 Well-Known Member

No offense meant, but as chronoaug raised earlier in the thread Durant doesn't even belong in this discussion. In terms of franchise superstars as LBJ, Howard, and Paul are, Durant and OKC have yet to prove themselves.
    No offense taken at all. I know he isn't on their level yet. I do think he'll get there eventually though.

3. robertorex

I do feel bad about Oden and Portland. Really thought they had big things going for them, and Oden is by far the most snakebitten kid in the NBA. Will he ever really get healthy?

4. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

I do feel bad about Oden and Portland. Really thought they had big things going for them, and Oden is by far the most snakebitten kid in the NBA. Will he ever really get healthy?
    Can you say Michael Olowokandi?

5. robertorex

I was gonna compare him to Yinka Dare (love the classics) but let's hope it never comes to that.

6. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

The thing with Oden is that he was never that great. He just always had tons of "potential". Recipe for bust, imo.

7. robertorex

Portland should probably never draft a center again.

Imagine if they took Jordan in '84. Give him some time to blossom, let them lose to the celtics a little, then boom. They could have won at least six in a row starting from 1987.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Oden is good when healthy. You guys just like kicking a guy when he's down. I think he can turn out fine still.

9. robertorex

Of course that remains to be seen, but when you're down, you're down. Not necessarily down for good, but when you're down you should expect a little kicking.

In my mind for some reason he already has the "bust" label after missing an entire season and getting injured some more, so any healthy productivity he has after this point is gravy for portland.