• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best players Currently in the NBA

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yao ain;t even in his mom's top ten on her t-mobile phone. dude is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.
i'd trade him for samuel dalembert and an ounce of yayo.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
People assume yao is some stiff/soft but he's not. The guy has good footwork, good midrange game, and plays solid defense. He's a force out there. Can't hate just because he's not remotely flashy

I'm far from being a Yao hater. I think he's a good player, has a better all around game than a lot of guys at his position, and he adds a lot to his team. That all makes him a good player in the NBA. And it's more important than the flash, even if it sells less tickets. He just isn't in my top ten. Maybe not even 20.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Dalembert is such a sorry excuse for a basketball player. Whoda thunk he was gonna mail it in after getting a contract.

Also, i don't buy this devin harris business either. A formerly above average guy now putting up tons of offensive stats on a miserable team in a contract year? Recipe for a contract we're going to look back on in 3 years and wonder why

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^don;t sleep on him alex. he's not that type of guy at all from what i've seen and was hampered in dallas' system. imagine what he'd be putting up on d'antoni's knicks?

chronoaug

Reaction score
I think having yao can contribute to a lot more wins than many other nba players. Guys like jefferson may be "better" in a way, but i don't think trading jefferson to yao would make the rockets better. Maybe i'd put bosh in there over yao, but i can't because bosh just lets his team waste away in mediocrity, despite me thinking bosh is a better talent

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^don;t sleep on him alex. he's not that type of guy at all from what i've seen and was hampered in dallas' system. imagine what he'd be putting up on d'antoni's knicks?
I'm not sleeping on him, i liked him on the mavs. Can he play this great on a winning team where he can't hoist up 20 shots when he wants to? Can he play with other good players on a winning team doing this? I don't know. There are plenty of guys who just aren't good on winning teams, kinda like gilbert arenas, stephon marbury, steve francis. I don't care what "he can put up" as a lot of nba guys can put up sick stats if given the oppurtunity to run wild. Ramon Sessions proves my point. I'm not gonna consider Mayo and Durant until i see them playing more defense, taking better shots, and winning ball games. They're great talents sure, but i'm not talking about fantasy basketball

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'd go, in order:

bron
kobe
duncan
wade
howard
paul
dirk
garnett
bosh/durant
roy

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there are better players, but he is my favorite. seems like a great guy, has an old school game, awesome.

and durant is ******* insane. will be jordan to oden's bowie.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Oden is legit, man. Don't hate because he's not pretty. He has only played like 25-30 games in his career, you can't judge the man fully yet. And when he has been playing he has been doing well. He puts up solid numbers and makes a good impact at the moment and he still is obviously in a big learning stage and isn't at 100% athletically. If this is what he's doing with still being kinda lost out there, he's going to be a lot better when everything clicks and he "gets it". Too many people just like hating on oden.

As far as durant, he's not top dog yet. Again, there is more to being a good nba player than putting up stats. Watching lebron this season compared to 2-3 years ago is a lot different even though his stats aren't much different. Jordan's stats got worse when he actually decided to play winning basketball instead of just trying to pile on stats.

Did you get the FreeDarko book yet? I love the section on Duncan comparing his career stats to the Fibonacci number sequence

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i hope he does well, but he moves now like robert parish does now.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^book is on the way.

i hear ya on durant but you have to be impressed so far.

chronoaug

Reaction score
I am. He's playing a lot better than last year. I thought he was just alright last season. He actually has a good long range game now, which was one of my major concerns for him in the nba since he's not the most athletic guy in the world. If he can get a good long and mid range game like dirk going, and learn how to use his body for good 15-18 ft fadeaways he'll have a lot more open for him as far as attacking the basket goes. That's the big difference this season

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seems to be working real hard on his game too.

what happened to deron williams?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads