1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best players Currently in the NBA

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jpeirpont, Jul 16, 2006.

1. bc78

bc78 Well-Known Member

How about D-Wade last night? Dayum.

He was amazing. He'd be MVP if not for Lebron.

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

He was amazing. He'd be MVP if not for Lebron.

That was some MJ shit at the end.

3. hammer07

hammer07 Well-Known Member

Who do you leave out of the All-NBA first team? Kobe, DWade, or Paul?

4. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Who do you leave out of the All-NBA first team? Kobe, DWade, or Paul?

This season, Paul. Unless you get Kobe to play forward!

5. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

This season, Paul. Unless you get Kobe to play forward!

Agreed, especially since Wade can now play the point without turning the ball over 6 times a game.

6. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Who would you rate as the top 5 players on the Knicks?

David Lee?
    Nate Robinson?

Marbury's empty locker?

7. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

David Lee?
    Nate Robinson?

Marbury's empty locker?

Don't forget the spirit of late-80s/early-90s Isaiah Thomas. He counts, right?

8. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Marbury's empty locker?

Addition by subtraction FTW!! (Gotta have Isaiah in there too, then)

9. Davidko19

Davidko19 Well-Known Member

How has danny fuckin granger not been mentioned??

He doesnt necessarily put butts in the seats but he is low key guy off the court and growing into a leader on it. I saw him against the clips on saturday and he was the first guy off the bench when something happened. And I love his game, I can see him next year pulling this line: 27 pts, 8 boards, 4 assists, 3 treys, 1.5 steals, 2 blocks, 45+ FG% and 90+ FT%. Dude does it all.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Ok, but putting up stats aren't everything. Al Harington was putting up sick stats for awhile. Shareef did it for years. Same with marbury. Durant is doing it now (his team is like 5-1 without him i think or was a day or two ago). The pacers are miserable as a team. All they can really do is give it to granger and have him shoot. Same with the nets and harris. Players put up better numbers on mediocre teams. Granger is a good player though, no doubt. Having a great season. Definitely not best in the nba or even top 10 though

11. Brian278

Brian278 Well-Known Member

David Lee?
    Nate Robinson?

Marbury's empty locker?

At least 3 out of 5 are contracts that expire in 2010.

12. hammer07

Durant is doing it now (his team is like 5-1 without him i think or was a day or two ago).

That's because Durant wants Blake Griffin.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

He shouldn't. I don't think blake would mesh with that team at all. I'm sorry, but i don't see blake being a superstar in the nba and he's a powerforward who i dont' think can play centre in the nba at all. Jeff Green is already playing out of position at the 4 (he'd be much better at the 3 spot) and blake at the 5 isn't going to work in the long run. Durant maybe wants a better pick, but the rest of the Thunder have been playing great without him. I think Durant owes it to his teammates when he returns to think long and hard about his role, lower his shots, and get his teammates involved and his shots within the flow of the offense. The team seems good enough now (i love love love adding thabo) that he doesn't need to just keep chucking all the time. He should work on a post game to help with matchup problems, which would open a lot up for his teammates.

14. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

I have zero knowledge about Blake's game, chrono, but couldn't they just start Durant at the 2, Green at the 3, and Blake at the 4?

15. bc78

bc78 Well-Known Member

I have zero knowledge about Blake's game, chrono, but couldn't they just start Durant at the 2, Green at the 3, and Blake at the 4?

Durant plays much better at the 3. He played at the 2 last year and had more growing pains then he would of at the 3. Major reason they fired Carleisimo (sp).

16. overdog

overdog Well-Known Member

I'd vote for D-Wade. Did you see his 2 incredible steals in that 48 point double OT win? They weren't the type of steals where you pick up a loose ball or even those where you pick off a pass. He straight dribbled it right out of the dribbler's hands! I haven't seen anyone that since pee-wee basketball, let alone at the NBA level.

17. hammer07

He shouldn't. I don't think blake would mesh with that team at all. I'm sorry, but i don't see blake being a superstar in the nba and he's a powerforward who i dont' think can play centre in the nba at all. Jeff Green is already playing out of position at the 4 (he'd be much better at the 3 spot) and blake at the 5 isn't going to work in the long run. Durant maybe wants a better pick, but the rest of the Thunder have been playing great without him. I think Durant owes it to his teammates when he returns to think long and hard about his role, lower his shots, and get his teammates involved and his shots within the flow of the offense. The team seems good enough now (i love love love adding thabo) that he doesn't need to just keep chucking all the time. He should work on a post game to help with matchup problems, which would open a lot up for his teammates.
    OKC has exactly one win against a quality team (Dallas) since Durant has been out. The dude shoots almost 49% from the field, above any number Kobe Bryant has ever shot. IMO, Blake Griffin is a major talent. He'll strictly be a power forward but there's probably no 4 or 5 in the league right now outside of Dwight Howard with Griffin's combination of athleticism and strength. He obviously isn't as tall but he has a better skillset. If the Thunder were in a position to pick Griffin, I think you'd have to either have to eventually move Green to the bench to play as 6th man or trade him. Green is good but he isn't a talent like Griffin who is the clear-cut #1 in the draft (unless Rubio enters). Plus he hustles:

18. Brian278

OKC has exactly one win against a quality team (Dallas) since Durant has been out. The dude shoots almost 49% from the field, above any number Kobe Bryant has ever shot.

IMO, Blake Griffin is a major talent. He'll strictly be a power forward but there's probably no 4 or 5 in the league right now outside of Dwight Howard with Griffin's combination of athleticism and strength. He obviously isn't as tall but he has a better skillset. If the Thunder were in a position to pick Griffin, I think you'd have to either have to eventually move Green to the bench to play as 6th man or trade him. Green is good but he isn't a talent like Griffin who is the clear-cut #1 in the draft (unless Rubio enters).

Plus he hustles:

Wait, what? [​IMG]

There have been a ton of big men that have put up those numbers in college. Then they get to the NBA and have to play against guys that are just as big and athletic as they are. Let's not declare him 1st team All-NBA just yet.

I do think he's the consensus no. 1 unless a team really needs a PG or SG and then it's Rubio or Harden. OKC would do well to trade either the no. 1 pick or Green if they end up with it, and I think they're more likely to trade down and take Harden, who has some similarities to Brandon Roy coming out of college.

19. hammer07

Wait, what? [​IMG] There have been a ton of big men that have put up those numbers in college. Then they get to the NBA and have to play against guys that are just as big and athletic as they are. Let's not declare him 1st team All-NBA just yet. I do think he's the consensus no. 1 unless a team really needs a PG or SG and then it's Rubio or Harden. OKC would do well to trade either the no. 1 pick or Green if they end up with it, and I think they're more likely to trade down and take Harden, who has some similarities to Brandon Roy coming out of college.
    Griffin will end up at least an All-Star calibre player if he stays healthy. When was the last time a big man in a BCS conference put up 22 PPG and 14 RPG and shot 60%? Tim Duncan? Usually the big men in the draft coming out of college have either the athletic potential or the production but rarely both. And it's been a long time since somebody had this level of production. The only real downside to Griffin's game is that he doesn't have much shotblocking ability. I don't think OKC would prefer Harden over Griffin. They need some post offense and Blake Griffin offers something of the sort (still in the works). If they had a lineup with Westbrook, Harden, Durant, and Green, probably 90% of the team's offense would come from the perimeter. Thabo and Kyle Weaver bring a more defensive-minded approach to the 2-guard spot which is exactly what they need. If I were Sam Presti, I'd be thinking Thabeet or Jordan Hill before Harden (maybe that's why I haven't been able to get a job as a NBA GM yet).

20. Brian278

^^Michael Beasley put up 26 and 12 just last year. He didn't shoot 60% but he also shot 3s. I agree Griffin's numbers are huge, but he's a man among boys right now, we'll see how he does against guys his size. I think he'll be good, but he's not going to score 22 on dunks and put backs in the NBA.

I just think Green is too much of a fan favorite to get traded, even though I think they're basically playing to SFs with Durant and him on the floor at the same time. He might turn into a Rashard Lewis type if they can get a legit center to block shots and rebound, but it remains to be seen if will happen.