• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Trouser Pricing

BomTrady

Reaction score
Interesting points, I usually tell my tailor no if he quotes me something that’s unreasonable. He wants to make the sale so he comes down. If I’m being unreasonable in my request I back down and save up for another day.
Yeah, that's the smart way to do it. I wet the bed on this one. I just assumed the price would be reasonable. While I failed to notice, my wife sure didn't. She has a point at which she will not indulge my hobby and that was it.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the smart way to do it. I wet the bed on this one. I just assumed the price would be reasonable. While I failed to notice, my wife sure didn't. She has a point at which she will not indulge my hobby and that was it.
Finding that threshold is a dangerous game.
giphy-10.gif

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a tailor try charging me 1300 for trousers when the jacket was 2600. I couldn't figure out why the suit was so much more expensive than just a jacket. Finally, I just said just cut me a jacket then. 1300 for trousers is out of control imo. They tried telling me it was great workmanship & handmade. They later told me they were "just the jackets" guys - I said yup, bc Im not paying over 1k for a pair of trousers. Like I like the idea of getting the same tailor to cut the trousers & suit jacket, & will pay extra for it, but only within reason.

Marshak

Reaction score

Do you have a joint account with your wife? How would she know otherwise?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BomTrady

Reaction score
Do you have a joint account with your wife? How would she know otherwise?
Funny you ask. I knew somebody was going to call me a little b*tch. LOL. We have joint accounts, but I don't use it for things like this. I have my personal "black site" accounts for this and she has hers. We were changing addresses and I stupidly asked her to look at my statement to see what address was on it. 'Gave her my password and everything. Dumb. She took the opportunity to be nosey and the charges for the pants were separate at $5,000. She thought is was another jacket. So, while I am happy she pointed that out to me, that was the second mistake I made in a never-ending trajectory of errors. LOL. 'Good question, I figure I was going to have to explain my self to you guys.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you ask. I knew somebody was going to call me a little b*tch. LOL. We have joint accounts, but I don't use it for things like this. I have my personal "black site" accounts for this and she has hers. We were changing addresses and I stupidly asked her to look at my statement to see what address was on it. 'Gave her my password and everything. Dumb. She took the opportunity to be nosey and the charges for the pants were separate at $5,000. She thought is was another jacket. So, while I am happy she pointed that out to me, that was the second mistake I made in a never-ending trajectory of errors. LOL. 'Good question, I figure I was going to have to explain my self to you guys.

I wouldn't sweat it we've all made expensive mistakes when dealing with custom clothing. If you are looking to purchase custom trousers check out Divij Hemrajani. He will get you sorted for a fair and reasonable price. If you want the lore of Italian hand made trousers give Formosa a try the next time they are in town. They charge around $600 + plus fabric for a pair.

Marshak

Reaction score

Major operational security breach. You reached the point where all this must be consider as a black ops. You need a JSOC approach to it. I pass off my new acquisitions as old suits and it works two out of three times but you need a big rotation.

Last edited:

BomTrady

Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it we've all made expensive mistakes when dealing with custom clothing. If you are looking to purchase custom trousers check out Divij Hemrajani. He will get you sorted for a fair and reasonable price. If you want the lore of Italian hand made trousers give Formosa a try the next time they are in town. They charge around $600 + plus fabric for a pair.
I will for sure. I think I saw someplace he made a coat for Kirby Allison and it looked really nice. Thanks.

BomTrady

Reaction score
Major operational security breach. You reached the point where all this must be consider as a black ops. You need a JSOC approach to it. I pass off my new acquisitions as old suits and it works two out of three times but you need a big rotation.
LOL, I do the same. My wife has no ability at all to tell what's new or old, so I can win the PSYOPS game with her most of the time.

No kidding, once one of my psychological operations went side ways real fast. My wife caught me trying on a brand new bespoke jacket. She asked me why I was trying it on. I was like "this old thing? I think I am donating this to Good Will. I don't like the way it looks. She was like, "yeah, I guess it is old- fashioned. It has three buttons, no one wears three button sport coats anymore, right? Yeah, that's right. (hahah I thought yeah got her on this one).

Then out of no where she was like, "You're soooo sweeet giving your old stuff away like that. That's why I love you. 'So caring. I was like, yeah, that's me, sweet and caring. Then she said "I am going to pass by Good Will on 2nd Ave on my way to have lunch with Nikki (my sister). Give it to me now I'll save you a trip." Me: Say what? And she kept saying take it off we have reservations and I am leaving now, hurry. I'll take it for you. After her telling me how sweet I was, I couldn't say I changed my mind. I'd look like a dick. Then she kept looking at the tags and stuff and almost saw the one with my name and the date on it. Anyway, I escaped that one by telling her I had a lot more I am giving away so it made no sense for her to make two trips. She said unfortunately she had an appointment and couldn't wait for me, but only after offering to cxl her lunch and help me with my donations. I was like, nah, you don't have to do that for me. We went back-and-forth for like 10 mins and finally she left. But I sure did overplay that one.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, I do the same. My wife has no ability at all to tell what's new or old, so I can win the PSYOPS game with her most of the time.

No kidding, once one of my psychological operations went side ways real fast. My wife caught me trying on a brand new bespoke jacket. She asked me why I was trying it on. I was like "this old thing? I think I am donating this to Good Will. I don't like the way it looks. She was like, "yeah, I guess it is old- fashioned. It has three buttons, no one wears three button sport coats anymore, right? Yeah, that's right. (hahah I thought yeah got her on this one).

Then out of no where she was like, "You're soooo sweeet giving your old stuff away like that. That's why I love you. 'So caring. I was like, yeah, that's me, sweet and caring. Then she said "I am going to pass by Good Will on 2nd Ave on my way to have lunch with Nikki (my sister). Give it to me now I'll save you a trip." Me: Say what? And she kept saying take it off we have reservations and I am leaving now, hurry. I'll take it for you. After her telling me how sweet I was, I couldn't say I changed my mind. I'd look like a dick. Then she kept looking at the tags and stuff and almost saw the one with my name and the date on it. Anyway, I escaped that one by telling her I had a lot more I am giving away so it made no sense for her to make two trips. She said unfortunately she had an appointment and couldn't wait for me, but only after offering to cxl her lunch and help me with my donations. I was like, nah, you don't have to do that for me. We went back-and-forth for like 10 mins and finally she left. But I sure did overplay that one.
The thought of giving away a brand new jacket. Only thing better would've been if it was something in vicuna! haha

So whats the general consensus for us single guys - do we need to load up now? or just be sneaky down the road? Or load up now, so its easier to be sneaky?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaelcook430