• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

Psyko

Reaction score
Jokes aside, I also size up in almost every garment of theirs except socks.

I wouldn't size up on their raglan coats, as it's already a full cut. I tried that a few years ago, and it didn't look good. Might have had something to do with the collar being a lot smaller at that time, so it looked weird with a small collar and a roomy cut. But I still think TTS is good on their raglan coats.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
How do people size in their overcoats? I’m a typical 48-50 in most brands.

I got the Nisse the first year they made it and, at least then, it fit very full. Definitely no need to size up. Also, if that's the coat you plan on getting, you should know that it takes a while to learn how to wear it well. It's a bit idiosyncratic.

bootyboy

Reaction score
I got the Nisse the first year they made it and, at least then, it fit very full. Definitely no need to size up. Also, if that's the coat you plan on getting, you should know that it takes a while to learn how to wear it well. It's a bit idiosyncratic.
That was the exact coat I had my eye on ! Yeah, I have my apprehensions if I can pull it off. The brown glencheck makeup from this year does look nice.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
That was the exact coat I had my eye on ! Yeah, I have my apprehensions if I can pull it off. The brown glencheck makeup from this year does look nice.

It's not the pulling off that's difficult, it's just that there are idiosyncrasies. For example, I don't think it looks good worn over a sport coat (it messes up the silhouette from the side). I think it looks best with the belt tied a bit looser. There are different ways you can fold over the front of the coat. And so on.

Psyko

Reaction score
It's not the pulling off that's difficult, it's just that there are idiosyncrasies. For example, I don't think it looks good worn over a sport coat (it messes up the silhouette from the side). I think it looks best with the belt tied a bit looser. There are different ways you can fold over the front of the coat. And so on.

The Nisse oddly enough has a full cut, but not full enough to look good belted IMO. I found it looks best unbelted with an A-line silhouette. When belted it isn't enough material on top to make it look properly masculine, making it too slim and too short, as the belt also pulls up the bottom part slightly. I'm tall, though.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
The Nisse oddly enough has a full cut, but not full enough to look good belted IMO. I found it looks best unbelted with an A-line silhouette. When belted it isn't enough material on top to make it look properly masculine, making it too slim and too short, as the belt also pulls up the bottom part slightly. I'm tall, though.

That's not my experience. It's plenty full on me. I have other issues with it. It's not my primary coat, but I do enjoy wearing it.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just FYI that YOOX has some berg items on heavy discount.

I grabbed this seersucker SC for $120.

It was part of a Mr. Porter capsule collection.

I got it in 40R. If the sizing doesn’t work, and anybody is interested in it, I’ll sell it at cost.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got it in 40R. If the sizing doesn’t work, and anybody is interested in it, I’ll sell it at cost.
Damn, I was tempted with the same piece but it’s £333 here in the UK. RIP haha

rasmusp

Reaction score
Hey guys,

That's a nice find! I do like their Dan jackets with patch pockets.

I've been after this blazer in 40 as well. Sadly the price on the Scandinavian yoox sites is around €450.

If you do want to part with it do let us know :)

Nbarbar

Reaction score
There is a great POW sports jacket on Yoox in a 42 for $85 bucks now too. US shipping only or I would have snatched it

Elch

Reaction score
Regarding the sizing of the jackets. By the measurements, the Dante Blazers seemed to be quite ordinarily cut. I haven't seen any of them in person but it actually seems promising that the shoulders are cut on the wider side. I like to be able to reach for something without blowing a seam in the back...

And also, I now regret not having gone for a full flannell suit as I am now stuck with pants only. The cloth has character and guts. Should last a long time.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Regarding the sizing of the jackets. By the measurements, the Dante Blazers seemed to be quite ordinarily cut. I haven't seen any of them in person but it actually seems promising that the shoulders are cut on the wider side. I like to be able to reach for something without blowing a seam in the back...

And also, I now regret not having gone for a full flannell suit as I am now stuck with pants only. The cloth has character and guts. Should last a long time.

The cloth is great! The working buttonholes are unfortunate, but what can you do. The armholes also seemed large, if only by comparison. I also have a Cavour Mod 2 jacket and I feel much more comfortable moving around in that one (as mentioned above I returned B&B).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads