• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

Shetterd

Reaction score
As someone who has to make something of a trip to get to a tailor who can competently make working buttonholes, I kind of understand the appeal from a convenience perspective. Still, on net, it doesn't make sense to me.

Sure, but it's either that or have someone alter it from the top, which would presumably mean the same trip? I just don't get it because the jackets are at a price point where you surely are looking at people who care about their clothes and the way they fit.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Sure, but it's either that or have someone alter it from the top, which would presumably mean the same trip? I just don't get it because the jackets are at a price point where you surely are looking at people who care about their clothes and the way they fit.

I mean, not necessarily. When I get jackets, the sleeve lengths are almost always good as is. If you are as lucky as I am, then pre-made working buttonholes are much more convenient. I also know many more tailors who can do complex alterations than sew working buttonholes. Apparently, the latter is a more specialized skill, or so I am told.

Again, overall, I agree that selling RTW jackets with working buttonholes is dumb.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another nice thing with unfinished sleeves is that you can choose how many buttons you like and at what distance they should be placed in relation to each other.

Carmex

Reaction score
Do B&B usually go beyond 50% sale? The sale has been on for quite some time now, and there’s still a lot left it seems (esp trousers)

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Do B&B usually go beyond 50% sale? The sale has been on for quite some time now, and there’s still a lot left it seems (esp trousers)

I don't think so. There's a lot in certain sizes, but there's nothing left in 54, only two left in 52, and two in 44. It's basically the sizes between those where there is stuff left.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They usually do like additional 10% off on the last day if I recall correctly.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d love to know if/how legitimately beefy people fit B&B’s tailoring. I gambled and sized up to 54 with the navy fresco, which worked out surprisingly great, all things considered.
I just can’t quite mentally compute how I am the biggest size in anything lol.
But, no complaints, from my POV. Gamble was worth it, and B&B, for all their flaws (won’t bother rehashing), do make some damn good stuff.

Elch

Reaction score
Do they run comparatively smaller in their sizing? I have gotten one of their flannel pants in a size 50 and they just fit - normally, I take a 48-50 and 50 at times really runs a little large.

Then again, might be Covid and all the closed gyms making an impression...

Dadacantona

Reaction score
I’m a tricky trouser fit due to being *ahem* prominent in the seat, but I’ve certainly found their trousers to fit very trim.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I’d love to know if/how legitimately beefy people fit B&B’s tailoring. I gambled and sized up to 54 with the navy fresco, which worked out surprisingly great, all things considered.
But, no complaints, from my POV. Gamble was worth it, and B&B, for all their flaws (won’t bother rehashing), do make some damn good stuff.
Do they run comparatively smaller in their sizing? I have gotten one of their flannel pants in a size 50 and they just fit - normally, I take a 48-50 and 50 at times really runs a little large.

Yeah. I have the same feeling. I normally take a 54 and then take in the waist, because my waist is more like a 52. I took a 54 Antonio, their most relaxed fit, and will not need to take in the waist. The legs also weren't very spacious. The pants fit well, but B&B does not offer a bigger size and I am hardly that large. In terms of height and weight, I am pretty average for American men: a bit taller than average, and a bit less heavy.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can’t speak to their trousers. I’ve not found them to be substantially smaller (seat/thigh/waist/etc) than other brands.
100% yes for jackets. I’m somewhere between 50/52 in most brands, and B&B’s 54 fits me fine, to the point where I’d wager a 56 in B&B sizing would be tolerable for me...and I am in no way a 56.

Shetterd

Reaction score

Agree that the fit is kind of weird. The trousers I would size up in if I were to get another pair, because the seat is a bit tight. The jacket is quite wide in the shoulders, compared to other brands, but slim in the chest.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is made for us thin soyboy Swedes, not big American men ???
Jokes aside, I also size up in almost every garment of theirs except socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads