• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benjamin Lucente Suit: Fit Pics

foggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Off topic, but this picture gives me an opportunity to ask a question. You can see a "belt keeper" loop at the front of the pants, right above the fly. How do those work, exactly?
I have to admit I have no idea. Its a loop of material.
eh.gif

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foggy
Think your probably right, my MTM are larger in the chest, but for some reason I get the odd 38 from Carolina Herrara and others that works. Just not this one. The 40 will work, but the trousers with it may need something out the waist. The sleeves are on these are unfinished though and they could come down a 1/2 inch.

Trousers always need to be adjusted. Taking them in in the waist is easy - there's probably 2 inches either way to change the waist size normally. You should be thinking jacket size first.

There are some brands that run large. I think the Benjamin is supposed to be more of European cut, so I'd expect it to run on the smaller side. But why not use your MTM measurements? Or are those only for shirts, not suits?

foggy

Reaction score
Trousers always need to be adjusted. Taking them in in the waist is easy - there's probably 2 inches either way to change the waist size normally. You should be thinking jacket size first. There are some brands that run large. I think the Benjamin is supposed to be more of European cut, so I'd expect it to run on the smaller side. But why not use your MTM measurements? Or are those only for shirts, not suits?
The MTM's are both but the suits are a true 42", and the same length, sleeve length etc as these , perhaps the shoulders 1/2" bigger too. Small margins but just enough to make me question. I wonder if plus 1 or so bigger will make me think its too large.

AlSailor

Reaction score
Off topic, but this picture gives me an opportunity to ask a question. You can see a "belt keeper" loop at the front of the pants, right above the fly. How do those work, exactly?

You thread your belt prong through it.

PatriotsFan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by foggy
Thats a 38. I'm 5 11" 170lb. 40" chest. 32 waist.

Suits sizes are; chest 41", shoulders: 17.6", Sleeve length: 25.5", Length from bottom of collar: 29.5, Trouser waist: 32", Hem Inseam: 36" Unfinished, Rise: 10.5", Leg width at bottom: 8.3"

I do like a fitted suit, but perhaps I'm pushing it. It does'nt feel uncomfortable though.

Having similar stats as you (5'9, 40' chest, 32' waist), I think you should probably go with a 40R instead.

I'm thinking about getting a 42S for myself, but I see that they don't have any 32 waist pants with a regular rise available (for navy herringbone).

Quatsch

Reaction score
Got my suit in the mail today. Overall I'm pretty darn pleased with the amount of suit you get for the money. Think the shoulders are too big, though?

P1020143.jpg

P1020140.jpg

Oh, and those are wrinkles in the middle, the suit isn't pulling.

Quatsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
The pick stitching on the sleeve looks very silly.

its really not very noticeable in real life. You'd have to be paying a lot of attention to notice at all. I'm sitting three feet away from where my suit is hanging and I can't see it.

zizou

Reaction score
yea the shoulders do look too big.

wht color is that?

(sorry...can't tell on my phone)

Quatsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zizou
yea the shoulders do look too big.

wht color is that?

(sorry...can't tell on my phone)

Its navy. I may just have to live with the shoulders. Thats a 38S and I think a 36 would probably be way too tight in the chest.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
Your call. Well-dressed men do not wear their trousers on their hips.
Well-dressed men do not wear dungarees outside the home. Well-dressed men do not step outside without a hat on. Well-dressed men do not allow their wives to go to work. http://www.dorkmuffin.com/images/shut-the-****-up.jpeg

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession to enforce the rule that people should wear pants at their true waist. It is all about proportions, people with very short torso look funny doing so. Likewise, people with longer torso and shorter legs can afford to wear them higher.

Tall people usually look good either way and we all know that men in those classic drawings always appear to be 6'9". Real life applications during those era tell a different story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads