• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Closed a deal after one month of going back and forth, decided to stroll down to the Longines Boutique on Pitt Street, got myself a Longines Master Collection Retrograde Moon Phases, will wait for delivery from Melbourne this week, can't wait!

That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!

Longines is massive in China, and within Swatch group, they are slowly moving up to take the void Omega is leaving since Omega wants to move to Rolex space.
Yes, with their long heritage and good range of watches, hope they do well.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For what its worth I think the example PoP has put up has nailed it, but that is my personal aesthetic at work. Its well balanced in terms of contrast and the brown and blue complement each other. It achieves a professional look but is a 'soft' look and would work in a business environment more so if you do have contact with clients. Mind you I would go a plain blue shirt in the same hue (my personal approach) rather than the stripes, by the way PoP is that a H&H shirt as I have a similar one to that? One other thing maybe a maroon or burgundy knit tie instead of the blue as it would add some contrast and not throw the whole effect out.
Cheers GF - the shirt's Eton. Actually was going to wear a plain blue oxford as I usually do but the Eton is non iron and I was feeling lazy that morning! As it happens I actually also switched out the blue tie for a brown grenadine when I came to wear it too.
That is one awesome clothes hangy-thingy PoP!
Thanks bunny, it's as close to a living valet I'll probably ever get...

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy mackerel - after a few slow days, I check this thread in the morning, go to work and when I come back, there are about 80 new posts!

Good to see some pics of outfits.

Coxaca - I agree with the comments about the patterns. Mixing patterns is great and, done well, it can really elevate an outfit, but I don't think that the shirt is suited to the rest of the outfit. A plain white or sky blue shirt and a darker tie would have suited the jacket much more.

However, I really like the opal cufflinks - very nice.

I wore one of the shirts from my latest batch of Deer Style shirts today, and was very pleased with it. The Acorn oxford cloth is really excellent.

Details:
- Suit by Herringbone;
- Shirt by Deer Style, from Acorn cloth;
- Lightly lined silk twill tie by G.Inglese, via Deer Style;
- Pocket square by Kent Wang;
- Socks by Pantherella; and
- Shoes by Loake

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like your cufflinks. I have a similar pair but with sterling silver instead of yellow gold.

I've also got a similar pair of cufflinks to coxaca's and they were also from my father. Mine are oval bowls and opals, rather than triangles.

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ok so which size guys?

36R

38R

thanks!

Never going to be perfect but id say the 38R is a better base for you.. Especially in length.. You could take in the arm width and maybe in the front waist where it's bunching on your right side. It may be a dropped right shoulder which causes the bunching.. Hard to tell from a photo.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Details:
- Suit by Herringbone;
- Shirt by Deer Style, from Acorn cloth;
- Lightly lined silk twill tie by G.Inglese, via Deer Style;
- Pocket square by Kent Wang;
- Socks by Pantherella; and
- Shoes by Loake
What loakes are those? Colour stands out

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Details:
- Suit by Herringbone; - Shirt by Deer Style, from Acorn cloth; - Lightly lined silk twill tie by G.Inglese, via Deer Style; - Pocket square by Kent Wang; - Socks by Pantherella; and - Shoes by Loake
Loake Strand Burgundy

Reaction score

PSA SALES ALERT !!!

MJ Bale on sale

tobias jackets for $100
pants for $50

http://www.mjbale.com/on-sale

Thank God they're out of my size, I would've cried.

Yeah mainly polyester, but this is a temporary solution. fits perfectly OTR which is rare for me, Gerry you were right perhaps 2cm too short haha.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Loake Strand Burgundy

+1.

After I got them a few years back, I gave them a good going over with RM Williams' leather conditioner a couple of times before wearing, and then also gave them a polish with some slightly darker brown Saphir polish. I also gave the toecap and heel counter a polish with Saphir black polish, and then with mahogany polish to darken and distinguish the toe and heel a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads