• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Manuhiri

Reaction score
The Meermin's arrived. I'm pretty happy with them at this stage. They were stiff as anything on the way to work but very comfortable on the way home. I'll give them a few more wear before looking at choosing another pair.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
scary... I suppose after spending enough time around here it was bound to happen sooner or later!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys just a quick one to let you know I'm not having much luck with deliveries this week. Firstly the members tie has been delayed a bit and won't be here until late next week now at this stage. I'm sure you'd all appreciate it's better to get it right than rush it though.
Also the knit ties I was expecting that were supposed to come with the shirts are also delayed, hoping to have them in the next few business days or mid next week at the latest for everyone that PM'd me who's waiting on them. Frustrating when it's all out of your control.
Thanks for your patience
Jason

Jason,

The knit ties sound interesting and I look forward to seeing pics when they arrive.

Could you give an idea of the width of the knit ties, by any chance?

pasey25

Reaction score

Anyone have any opinions on Elite dry cleaners down in the Galleria?
Think it's time to give my suits a good cleaning. Biggest fear is having lapels pressed flat.

i have a new suit just received from Iris tailor in Singapore that needs repressing. Not very impressed with how they packed it.

blahman - did you try elite?

any other melb recommendations. I'm working in abbotsford and keen to get this sorted tomorrow

CHECKstar

Reaction score

Love the suit Checkstar- any details? I've been searching for a grey just like this one.

Is it one that starts with 'P' and ends with 'ohnson'?

Yep - its a P Johnson in a Dugdale worsted.

I think their prices are very reasonable considering the end product.

I would have to agree with that statement. For me, there is a price point at which it makes sense to spend that extra bit above what you'd be paying on RTW for the custom fit, cloth, style and options. The price also imposes a certain degree of discipline for me to better plan (and save for) my wardrobe purchases rather then make impulse purchases that I too often regret.

That said, I have not turned my back completely on RTW, but it has to tick the right boxes as far as fitting into my 'wardrobe plan' and at a price that is worth giving up the customisation options of MTM (eg the cotton khaki Herringbone suit I posted here).

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Not much in the way of suits on sale. Tbh I wouldn't rate their suiting that highly, much better off looking elsewhere. Although they may be better suited to a conservative business dress type environment than some of the more contemporary Zara options.

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
I should have said more appropriate for my budget.....unfortunately im still in the pleb stakes. One day maybe...

xiaoli

Reaction score
i m a pleb too. i afford nice clothing by only using E10 and having instant noodles for lunch :slayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads