• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these two ties too similar to own both?

*bearing in mind that I don't have that large of a tie collection

Already own the top one as I said, but, given that it is currently in the possession of Tiecrafters NYC and I may not have it back for some time (ever?), I bought the bottom one too.

Navy is my favourite colour.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^hahaha
Yeah I think If for my first knit I would go for a chocolate or a navy with some kind of dot...then black (Jason hope you restock the brown).
EDIT:
noticed Jason has a black, hopefully goes on sale when you restock the brown so I can grab both :)

They'll both be continually re-stocked on occasion, but not necessarily as soon as they sell out. FWIW I think there is only 3 or 4 black knits left. The main focus for now is getting all of the stuff for the trunk show here in April and they won't be included in that. What will is the 4 new cashmere knit ties (burgundy, dark blue, grey, brown), about 15 new awesome wool ties in small run qtys, the 5 new grenadines (maroon, black, navy, forest green and chocolate), and about another 10 new woven silks (TBD). So we'll see around 35 new ties, about 10 cashmere scarves (3 new additions on last year), and some of the new smartphone friendly cashmere gloves too, they are from Scotland also. So all in all pretty excited about what's coming up!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lachyzee I own an identical tie to the top one, Italian silk, worn it to death over the past few years int he corridors of no power, very practical goes with white, blue or pink shirts, blue grey jackets currently in retirement.

Pity the Sydney meet was shifted to next Friday will be in town Friday night.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha yeah not in Canberra. I love it but it's a sartorial graveyard.

It'll be at Ludlows, if you have purchased off me in the past you will get an invite by email in a few weeks, but if not there will be plenty of info on here beforehand. Set for the 18th at this stage and it will be after hours, so it will kind of be a meetup anyway. It won't be a public event per se, more for Ludlows clients my clients and SF members. It will be a great chance for me to put a lot of faces to names and a great chance for you guys to look and feel product in person.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why would you want to "neutralize" your outfit? Does it owe you money?

Stealth dressing. Fly beneath the radar.

“The weirder you're going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too. When I see a kid with three or four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person.”
― P.J. O'Rourke

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, guys: black knit ties are the quantum mechanics of menswear--inexplicable by conventional theories. But a black knit tie + a white or light blue shirt + a navy jacket or suit is the duck's nuts, and always will be.

Only surpassed by black knit tie and grey jacket - especially herringbone.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Previously I was seeking advice from the forum members about finding a good alteration place for my suit. I am glad to report back that I am a happy customer from Hayal and Son in the Sydney conservative business dress. However they are definitely not cheap.
Also I just like to say that I have made a massive mistake by wearing my near new Crocket and Jones on a rainy day in the Sydney conservative business dress. I think I have pretty much ruined the beautiful leather sole, and almost got myself killed...(skiing on water in conservative business dress) And no, it hasn't had topy, I don't like it. the sole turned out discoloured, too many small stone holes and just rough.... An amateur mistake. Definitely will wear the ones with Topy in future rainy days...

Any tips to restore the sole and maintaining them?

You haven't ruined them. (unless you dried them in front of a heater)
Shoes are built to be worn.

Sure the soles are more vulnerable when soaking wet but the cuts and nicks will even out overtime and be less slippery.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys own the Alden Flex Welt chukkas; if so how does the Lleydon last fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads