• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ATTACHMENT: The Discussion

jwalterweather

Reaction score
Last edited:

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a 10 in most boots and the 43 fits me perfectly, so they might be a little snug on you as nn said. I got mine from the attachemnt webshop. But they are out of 43. Here are some other places that stock the boots.

http://shop.mindtrive.com/shopdetail/000000011321/039/X/page1/recommend/
http://www.essence-web.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=14126

Unless you are in Japan you will have to use a proxy service. Most of those places don't ship outside of Japan.

Did you get that first pair on the Attachment webshop as well?

Nowhere sells any of these boots in the US, huh? Apparently The Archive in SF used to but not any more.

Chanklebury

Reaction score
Could anybody advise me whether they know if the 6 eyelet boots are blake rapid?

From rakuten images I've seen of some of the side zip boots I can see the McKay stitching through the insole but haven't been able to confirm for the boots, and I suppose also the derbys. Presumably the derbys could be worn in a formal environment with suit.

Thanks.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone sees a 43 in these around, please let me know!
http://www.attachment-ec.com/products/detail.php?product_id=467

Chanklebury

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply - appreciated.

From the outside BR and GY are difficult to distinguish (unless there's an ugly storm welt) as the outsole stitching is the same deal.

The insole is the giveaway - stitching through insole is visible with and indicative of McKay/Blake. Some Italian brands will cover the insole stitching with a full length sock liner though so it isn't immediately apparent.

Basically though - Blake stitching joins insole & midsole, Rapid stitch joins midsole & outsole. It's my preferred build method which is why the KKA boots could appeal to me along with the their broad toe box.

Plus, they look bang tidy.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the wax coated jeans exclusive to the Attachment store. Needs more even stacking on my part I guess, but overall they are pretty cool. Really stiff to begin with (felt like a heavy stack of cardboard when I took them out of the box) but starts to break in quickly. There's no residue or anything to the touch. They just feel like a heavy burlap. They fit like my other size 3 Attachment jeans, only with much more room in the thighs.

jwalterweather

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that @Caveat I was thinking about those jeans too. You still liking them? Last season I tried the wool/cashmere jodhpur pants in 3 and they were a little too tight in the tights. So I am thinking of going 4 in those jeans. Caveat do you wear uniqlo jeans? If so what size?

@brad-t or anyone else know whether this attachment peice got produced and if so whether it is available anywhere.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 32 in qlo stretch denim from last year that were popular on here. I placed them on top of these and the size 3 is about 1/2 inch bigger in the rise and leg all the way down. Same size in the waist though

I do like them. They're extremely rugged and a nice change from anything else I have. Haven't worn them enough to completely break them in yet.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure man. They are very thick and warm, btw. Not sure if that's obvious. Not a year-round piece.

Bonus pic: KKA/Attachment x 2

YoungM

Reaction score
Man, want one of those crinkly long coats from KKA really bad - pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. Will 5 fit a ~44 chest, and am I going to be stuck with the limited US selection and crazy markup?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads