• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of these eyeglass expert?
gPw2m.jpg
I think they are ray ban clubmaster rb3016's. I tried them on at the store. It was 280 in the store, online it seems to sell for 100. They are pretty much legit right? I don't have to worry about buying a fake pair off ebay?

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
Ended up buying a pair of Salt Parker's yesterday. Pretty happy about my choice, I really like them
smile.gif

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's a cheap brand that makes plastic eyeglasses similar to Moscot? I am currently wearing Moscots that I love but I have been beating them to hell at work and want to rotate them with something else.

Also whats your opinion on Moscot titanium. I find it kind of interesting because most titanium frames are very slim looking while Moscot has some of their boldest frames available in titanium.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
What do you think of these eyeglass expert?

I think they are ray ban clubmaster rb3016's. I tried them on at the store. It was 280 in the store, online it seems to sell for 100. They are pretty much legit right? I don't have to worry about buying a fake pair off ebay?

Personally, I would say to go one size up. I would like to see a bit more width on the frames. It might be the angle of the picture, but they look relatively small. The lenses are a bit small and show your skin on the side of the frames which in turn make your face look bigger. Get a size larger and cover up the skin/space on the side.

In terms of getting them on ebay for $100. It's your money so place your bets where you want, but just be warned that there are millions of dollars worth of counterfeits on the market right now. A few people in different countries have been caught with them. If it were my money, I would get it from somewhere/someone that I knew was going to get me the real thing.

my 2 cents.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
What's a cheap brand that makes plastic eyeglasses similar to Moscot? I am currently wearing Moscots that I love but I have been beating them to hell at work and want to rotate them with something else.

Also whats your opinion on Moscot titanium. I find it kind of interesting because most titanium frames are very slim looking while Moscot has some of their boldest frames available in titanium.

If you are looking for thicker metal but still light, look into aluminum frames. They are relatively light and also have a bold thick look to it.

In terms of other frames that are good acetate frames for less. Try looking into Hackett, it is a line that I like (and wear) and think it has good value. They have a vintage clean look to it. But keep in that that Mascots are "Mascots", they are unique in themselves being a small (relatively) family run operation.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
If you are looking for thicker metal but still light, look into aluminum frames. They are relatively light and also have a bold thick look to it. In terms of other frames that are good acetate frames for less. Try looking into Hackett, it is a line that I like (and wear) and think it has good value. They have a vintage clean look to it. But keep in that that Mascots are "Mascots", they are unique in themselves being a small (relatively) family run operation.
Thanks a lot for the info! Any styles of the Hackett you recommend?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do most places that you buy glasses from offer free frame tightening?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Do most places that you buy glasses from offer free frame tightening?
All opticals and Optometrists who dispense will all adjust frames. IF they do not adjust frames, smile and walk right now. If they adjust it, but you still dont feel comfortable...smile and walk away. Any good optical or dispending optometrist will be able to make proper adjustments. With respect to free, depends on the place you go. But most good opticals will offer free adjustments because Pearle/Shoppers/Lenscrafters all charge and the small guys want to and do provide better service.

tailorrmade

Reaction score
I am currently looking for a pair of Cartier eyeglasses or Gold & Wood Paris. Do you have any idea of where to source these online?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tailorrmade
I am currently looking for a pair of Cartier eyeglasses or Gold & Wood Paris. Do you have any idea of where to source these online?

I have no idea who sells them online. But keep in mind that there are tons of fake Cartier on the market. I have seem terrible copies and also very good copies. They even copy serial numbers. I have some older vintage ones that I sell but thats about all that I know about online sales for them. Gold & Wood might be harder to find online because they are so limited and exclusive.

Happy hunting!

tailorrmade

Reaction score
Are there any other options you know of, that may be lesser known, keeping in the same rimless style that you would recommend? Thank you

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tailorrmade
Are there any other options you know of, that may be lesser known, keeping in the same rimless style that you would recommend? Thank you

If you are looking for rimless the 2 brands that I like to push the most are Lindeberg for their clean lines and also Minima for their simplistic approach and high quality. Neither of them are gold, but they give you great value for your dollar. If you're looking for Cartier and you can afford it, don't buy online, get into a boutique store and see what they have. It would be the equivalent of buying a Benz on Ebay, sure you can do it, but it takes away from the luxury aspect of making the purchase.

Just my 2 cents.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
My suggestion though would be to get a pair of narrow plastic frames with a bit more depth (think more of a square shape). By picking a plastic frame it will put more emphasis on the middle of your face and take away from it's length. Also by having a frame with a bit more depth, it will give the illusion that your face is less long because of the proportions, think of it as wearing vertical stripes for someone short. Also because your nose is big, try finding one where the bridge is fairly high on the lenses. That will make the lenses look like they are fitting lower.
I think I might have found some: Oliver Peoples Larrabee. I tried a pair on in a darker color and the shape looked good- fairly narrow with decent depth. I'm going to order them in the color below and see how they look.
Oliver_Peoples_LARRABEE_7OO-4331

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CC, I have a long narrow face. What would you suggest? I love Wayfarers, but my wife says they are too big for my face shape. How about a small aviator, like MT's Aviatrix or Enforcer?

Sorry, I know a pic or 2 would help, but am kinda shy about putting that on a public forum!
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads