• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a ton of Mykitas (mostly metal ones), and none of the frames have changed colors. The rubber grip on some of the temples have discolored though.

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
Anyone an idea if these are the new wayfarer classics or the original classics from Rayban?
Color lens grey or green?
Thanks!

ffw-dm-8-jpg-64cd028c9176c.jpg

LucasFilms

Reaction score
I have Mykita frames for 5+ years and the frame color stays and no damage that I notice.

Thanks for your input!

I am going to buy the Mykitas. I really like the Ellington, Baxter and Saga models... the Saga is not so unique, as the front is acetate but I really like the other 2.

The only problem is the nose pads. The glasses fit perfectly but the sit on the metallic part that joins the nose pads to the frame. When adjusted the glasses sit on the nose pads but that makes them go up and the fit is not so good...

I wish Mykita made glasess with shorter bridges (17 instead of 20+) so that the glasses fit more "tightly" and they do not go up so much when adjusting the nose pads.

At any rate, the design is unique and the glasses look really good, so I am going to add them to my small collection.

LucasFilms

Reaction score
I have a ton of Mykitas (mostly metal ones), and none of the frames have changed colors. The rubber grip on some of the temples have discolored though.

The Mykitas are quite unique, but I think the brand should offer a wider variety of bridges on the metal frames for a perfect fit.

Anyway I am going to get them because they are so different from anything else.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ID these glasses of the gentlemen on the right? Saw this photo and really enjoy this thick round frame. If it helps this is Lewis Cousins in 1959.

6558v77fd8pb1.jpg
Given the era it looks pretty close to the Shuron Sidewinder.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was my first thought as well. But the sidewinder is much more of a rectangular profile, and these ones look very round.

Sidewinder below.

sidewinder.png

Hm yeah, actually I meant Freeway, but what you say applies as well.

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I could get a high quality, perfectly round acetate frame, similar to what I.M. Pei wore?

Attachments

• 12630612533_fc7c43328b_b.jpg
    12630612533_fc7c43328b_b.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 61

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I could get a high quality, perfectly round acetate frame, similar to what I.M. Pei wore?
I actually have a pair I was hoping to sell that are fairly similar. Catch and release as the bridge didn't work for my nose. Let me know if you're interested.

Jul 8th sales-54.jpg

Attachments

• Jul 8th sales-46.jpg
    Jul 8th sales-46.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 1,188

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads