• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is an excellent place to start. They have good brushes that should last many years. Over time you may want to add cream polish in black and several shades of brown and tan.
You will want a dauber for brown, one for tan and one for black. You will also want a brush for black, one for tan and one for brown.

Or some old T-shirts.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ok, now, better question. Bespoke or Brooks Brothers golden fleece? BB is convenient because I live by one buttt... What's the better way to go?

Depends on the quality of the bespoke tailor. Who were you thinking of going with?

Golden Fleece is very nice; I own one suit of this line and can vouch for its quality.

Last edited:

iTylerStewart

Reaction score

Depends on the quality of the bespoke tailor. Who were you thinking of going with?
Golden Fleece is very nice; I own one suit of this line and can vouch for its quality.

Not too sure. I'm new to suits. I just went on the Bespoke website and saw the suit packages. Right now some deals on B&S are looking great. Perhaps I should just measure myself and start there as I don't know much yet.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Not too sure. I'm new to suits. I just went on the Bespoke website and saw the suit packages. Right now some deals on B&S are looking great. Perhaps I should just measure myself and start there as I don't know much yet.

Don't do bespoke. Hang out around here, get a feel for your taste/style. Get measurements done professionally at the best tailor's you can find. Start with RTW. If you find obvious flaws/can't get the desired fit you've seen and liked elsewhere then experiment with MTM. Once you've got some MTM experience and know what you like/need/want, etc THEN look into bespoke.

Jumping into bespoke with no thought or experience will generally not produce great results. Enjoy the resources at your disposal.

EDIT: "Bespoke website" also sounds very dubious. Make sure you know what the term actually involves/means before you start investigating. There are many tailors, online and otherwise, that will sell you bespoke garments when in reality you are getting nothing like bespoke.

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what is this "bespoke website" you are talking about?
do you even wear a suit regularly?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Midnight blue velvet jacket with black suit pants and vest. What are your thoughts?
Going to issue a blanket no to the vest as I cannot imagine a vest material that would compliment velvet nicely. Where/why are you wearing this? If you plan on wearing a bow tie with that you should wear tuxedo pants. You can tell if they are tuxedo pants by the grosgrain or satin strip running the length of your leg.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are "open quarters" and "closed quarters"... when talking about suits?
O_O

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads