• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score

viator

Reaction score

Does anybody know who makes these:

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...&colour_id=427

Herring-Herring%20Broadway-Burgundy%20Calf-457-427-1_sml.jpg

They're the Herring Broadway made on the "Stepney" last.

Secondly, what is your opinion of the rubber/leather sole? (I like everything about the shoe except this)
I have the same question. Also, does anyone know about sizing on this last? My foot measures a 9, which is what I wear in the AE shoes I have (Mora, Weybridge). I think I'm on the smaller side of a 9 though, as I wear an 8.5 in Alden's Aberdeen last.

The Thin Man

Reaction score

Taking temperature out of the equation, can you safely wear fresco in the winter, or would the texture be faux pas? What is the latest in the summer that you personally wear fresco?

This thread covers all the bases for your question.

The Thin Man

Reaction score

Last edited:

The Thin Man

Reaction score

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
So, I tried a tailor in central for a few things. One of them was a shirt which ********* up on, and then said that he couldn't make the requisite changes to it because the factory he used "wouldn't understand his instructions". That was all I needed to hear to never consider him again. I already paid 200 hkd down for the shirt, and if I want to pick up the shirt it's another 280. ******* expensive garbage. I could wear the shirt fine tucked-in, but the hem is *completely* square and looks freakish untucked, which is what I designed the shirt to be for. For 280 I can get a completely new custom shirt made by Peter Lee, but the principle of just leaving the shirt there and just losing my 200 irks me. So- pay 280 to pick up the shirt I already ordered, or pay 280 and have a new one made another time?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to buy a slim fitting dress shirt to wear to a wedding in size 0/XS. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what labels/websites would stock them? I was looking at this http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...ub_Product_Id=1437032&default_color=Blue#null but read somewhere else that they do not fit that slim? Also it is a button down - would I end up in mens clothing jail if I wore it with a suit and tie? Thanks for your help..
Why not go try one on? Brooks Brothers stores are all over the place, and if it's still not slim enough, they have tailors who could take it in even further. And yeah, you can wear that with a suit and tie. Brits might look at you askance, but who asked them?

Astr0n3r27

Reaction score
Hello to All
worship.gif

Solid light grey suit with black shoes - would you do the traditional white with a funky tie (grey with other colors that pop out) OR some light color shirt with a tie to compliment it?..maybe a striped shirt? darker grey shirt w/ orange colored tie? whats your take on it?

I wanted to wear some kind of an orange shirt (nothing too bright) because I'm known for wearing a lot of orange by my peers, along with a tie that had both colors incorporated into it. Its gonna be a mission to find something I would go for, but I'm determined (got two weeks til the wedding).....your thoughts?
This is the color of the suit I will be wearing...

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why not go try one on? Brooks Brothers stores are all over the place, and if it's still not slim enough, they have tailors who could take it in even further.

And yeah, you can wear that with a suit and tie. Brits might look at you askance, but who asked them?

There are whole threads on button down shirts with a suit and tie, with the forum pretty vehemently split. I come down on the "it's fine" side, as in my part of the world it's pretty common if not de rigueur. As for BB, just order it. If it doesn't work, full refund including return shipping. You might be out your original shipping, but you would invest in gas and time going to a store to try them on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads