• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Fitness Model

mpcec

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Noir. I'm a pretty realistic person so I definitely don't expect over night change, I am definitely more interested in a lifestyle change than a quick fix. In addition while it is sort of unfortunate that sinking your money into something is motivation... it just is. Maybe I'm just playing games with myself but I think that it would help motivate me more and keep me on track.

I'll look into a gym membership and trainer and once I have a more specific idea of what I want to do I'll look for help online creating a diet.

Thanks.

Noir.

Reaction score
few pages back, there's a picture. it's good for a sweet tooth. I just wish there wasn't HFCS. I bought it anyway but I was NOT happy about it. I doubt if I'll get it again unless I decide I simply can't live without it.

For reference it's the light version - I think 1g or <1g carbs in it. Peanut butter is always Smart Balance.

Noir.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
Thanks for the response Noir. I'm a pretty realistic person so I definitely don't expect over night change, I am definitely more interested in a lifestyle change than a quick fix. In addition while it is sort of unfortunate that sinking your money into something is motivation... it just is. Maybe I'm just playing games with myself but I think that it would help motivate me more and keep me on track.

I'll look into a gym membership and trainer and once I have a more specific idea of what I want to do I'll look for help online creating a diet.

Thanks.

No worries. Sorry I've been less detailed lately - life is very much getting in the way right now. Had classes and didn't get out of the gym until after 7. Don't put it off until you're done deciding. Just get in there TODAY and start learning everything. Most gyms will offer a free training session so take advantage of it. If you like him or her, then you can hire them for more sessions.

Really though, you can make a pretty solid diet with a list of foods. I've sent this out a few times via email. Just copied and pasted because I don't really want to list it all out. Trainers are good and some sports nutritionists are good. General nutrition counselors usually deal with sedentary individuals and we don't ever get along. If you need to spend some money to get you motivated supplements, a gym membership, and a food scale are great places to start. Either ask around for a good trainer or go with a friend who knows what he's doing to introduce you to the weights. shoot me a PM if you want specific supplement advice or need a place to get it (I can give you the # of the place I used to work. I'm not on commission but they're great people and give very decent prices.) PM me an email address if you want the spreadsheet too to get an estimate for "how much".

I can't really do a full, optimized meal pleans with exchanges and whatnot. I don't have a problem with general guidelines but I typically get very specific with respect to heart rate, work out style and times, cardio, etc. and charge $100 for a one-off diet plan printout, $200 for a one-off excel sheet with exchanges (up to 5 printouts), and $300 for a month long emailed plan with biweekly updates & 30m consults (i.e. 1 hr consult/week). This thread is more of a "thank you" to the forum that I've been enjoying for a couple of years, so obviously this is free. Once you get into the nitty gritty though it takes quite a bit of time to come up with an ideal plan.

The spreadsheet + fitday.com will let you do a stellar job for free if you want to do the pseudo-cycling. It's a bit of work (you'll have to do custom foods for almost everything on that site), but you'd probably be better off knowing what exactly is in the foods you eat.

Food Choices
Breakfast: Protein: egg whites, tuna, chicken, shake Carbs: fruit (1-2 pieces max), oats, grits, sweet potatoes, bran flakes (no **** added).

P+F meals: meat, fish, turkey, tuna, protein shakes, eggs, cottage cheese, fish oil, flax seed, nuts (all but peanuts. peanuts are acceptable but not ideal). As many green vegetables as you'd like. They're carbs but not insulinogenic at all really

Post workout: 20-25g of sugar. I like jelly beans as I'd mentioned (but don't eat too many!!!), and they can't have HFCS. rice for the rest.

Dinner: chicken, fish, tuna, any lean red meat, shrimp. Carbs from sweet potatoes, brown rice, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, grits, etc. (other non-green veggies are typically acceptable). Eat as many green veggies as you want if you're still hungry.

I'd be happy to clarify anything, though, as always.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i am shrinking from lack of carbs and having issues with it. looks like my crystal ball is showing turanabol and propionate in my immediate future.

You should try Thibs's antidote for flatness.

The only ingredient I remember off the top of my head is glycerol monostearate, but it was pretty effective when I tried it while low-carbing last spring.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
on a side note, i am only refeeding every 14th day. i don;t think you should force a refeed or cheat meal if you're feeling fine in a ketogenic state.

Are you doing <50g carbs on a daily basis? Or shooting for 0g carbs?

I'm probably going to start ketosis on Sunday and go 14 days between refeeds but I know I'll need veggies in there so I can avoid not being able to ***********.

Noir.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
You should try Thibs's antidote for flatness.

The only ingredient I remember off the top of my head is glycerol monostearate, but it was pretty effective when I tried it while low-carbing last spring.

I don't think he's worried about being flat - just generally losing size & muscle mass. glycerol + soda I think. However, that's only coming from a glycogen depleted state already, and you'll have had a carb up before too (typically previous day).

Originally Posted by wiscogooner

I'm probably going to start ketosis on Sunday and go 14 days between refeeds but I know I'll need veggies in there so I can avoid not being able to ***********.

Typical guideline is <50g to stay out of ketosis. Most of them are going to be residual or accidental - rarely actively seeking carbs of any form other than vegetables. Carbohydrates just happen to be in most of the things you eat in some sense. BCAAs are very much your friend here for pre & post.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Noir.
Typical guideline is <50g to stay out of ketosis. Most of them are going to be residual or accidental - rarely actively seeking carbs of any form other than vegetables. Carbohydrates just happen to be in most of the things you eat in some sense. BCAAs are very much your friend here for pre & post.

So BCAAs in pre and PWO shakes?

Can you recommend a good brand? I've never taken them before. I like Optimum Nutrition's whey, I think they have a BCAA powder

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
50 or less. 0 is pretty much impossible IMO in general, but especially in how heavy i'm lifting:

this was my last session:

squate-5 x 5, 275, 315, 375, 425, 425

dead-5 x 5, 315, 365, 415, 475, 475

push press-5 x 5, 135, 160, 175, 215, 215

one-arm dbell press-5 x 5, 60, 70, 80, 100, 100

barbell curl-5 x 5, 90, 125, 145, 175, 175

french press-5 x 5, 95, 125, 135, 175, 175

bench-5 x 5, 275, 315, 365, 405, 405

calf raised-3 x 25, 315

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks. i'll look it up. i say flat, everyone else is saying lean. lemme know if you have a link; just searched t-nation to no avail
Originally Posted by James Bond
You should try Thibs's antidote for flatness. The only ingredient I remember off the top of my head is glycerol monostearate, but it was pretty effective when I tried it while low-carbing last spring.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, i was taking rabbit ***** before upping the veggies. now, all ios good

wiscogooner

Reaction score
50 or less. 0 is pretty much impossible IMO in general, but especially in how heavy i'm lifting:

this was my last session:

squate-5 x 5, 275, 315, 375, 425, 425

dead-5 x 5, 315, 365, 415, 475, 475

push press-5 x 5, 135, 160, 175, 215, 215

one-arm dbell press-5 x 5, 60, 70, 80, 100, 100

barbell curl-5 x 5, 90, 125, 145, 175, 175

french press-5 x 5, 95, 125, 135, 175, 175

bench-5 x 5, 275, 315, 365, 405, 405

calf raised-3 x 25, 315

So is this a cut you're on? Did you go through a bulking diet phase or did you make the gains to get you where you are weights-wise just eating whatever

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
haha. i've been bulking for 8 years. have been as haevy as 280 with pharma-assistance but have tapered down to 235-240 over the years. i am not in a &quot;cutting&quot; phase per se, simply tring to lower bf and fit in my fruity clothes better. would be nice to see the abs again. would like to get to roughly 218 and stay there. any lower given my frame and i would look sickly.

not a huge carb eater anyway so once i'm done with this 8 week plan, i will resume a 4 day split and a diet of roughly 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs.

have always been strong; my best bench/squat/dead total is 1680

wiscogooner

Reaction score
I'm almost wondering if I should try a bulk for a short time so I can gain more muscle mass, and then cut back down. I've heard it's easier to take off body fat once you have more muscle mass.

I guess I'd love to keep the size I'm at long-term, and at 20% BF I wonder if I bulk if I'll gain too much size to even cut down from. I'd hate to have to get rid of all the clothes I bought since coming down from &gt;200 lbs

Deluks917

Reaction score
I deadlifted 300x5 yesterday, can I start giving out bad advice advice and talking down to people?

But seriously I'm pretty happy, it took about 10 weeks to get there (from like 135 x 5). Is this good progress?

Here are my other lifts: all 3x 5

Squat: 125 - 245
Overhead: 75 - 116.25
Bench: 115 - 165

I feel like its going well but I've gotten the impression that others have done much better. IDK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads