• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They've discontinued the Patrol IS. 

Really? Wonder why. I thought it was their best coat last year. By the time, I decided to buy it was sold out in my size. I just figured I would get it this year since it seemed like such a staple.

I see they updated the node model. Seems shorter, not sure why they would make that coat even shorter. It is a heavy duty winter piece after all.

Not really feeling this FW15 AV lineup.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was essentially two different pieces in one package. The shell it self and the Coreloft™ jacket that sold on its own. It was also the highest priced piece as well. Who knows, maybe it didn't sell well. It was definitely not as popular as the Field IS and Galvanic IS, which comes back every year with little changes in cut or material.

Last edited:

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bry2000 Look in your private messages. Hope that works out for you.

John-Galt

Reaction score
If you have a Galvanic from FW14, you can trade it in for either store credit, refund if you bought it from the Veilance site, or exchange it for the season's version. Arc'teryx is doing a recall due to a fabric problem.

Too bad it's not slated from production/release until November.
Really? Wonder why. I thought it was their best coat last year. By the time, I decided to buy it was sold out in my size. I just figured I would get it this year since it seemed like such a staple.

I see they updated the node model. Seems shorter, not sure why they would make that coat even shorter. It is a heavy duty winter piece after all.

Not really feeling this FW15 AV lineup.
I think their rationale was that no one is going to buy a 2-piece synthetic when there is the down Monitor that has insulated pockets and hood while maximizing cost utility

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Veilance sent me the new Galvanic IS to replace my old one. The received a small shipment.

Brattman

Reaction score
Received a Mionn IS jacket and Neptune Field jacket today. Went medium with the Mionn and small with the Field and am happy with the fits. I'm particularly stoked on the Mionn - it's really understated and super functional as both an insulator and a stand alone piece.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Galvanic IS looks great on you. Wish they gave the non insulated version a detachable hood.
baldy[1].gif

husbands

Reaction score
Here's my AV wardrobe:

Align - Ordesa Green

Node - Olive Green

Isogon - Copper

I really like the neptune color for this season. gonna see what's still around when the sales kick in.

John-Galt

Reaction score
You mean the more pretentious Lyra Grey? The Neptune looks stelar on the Field Jacket and Mionn in person

husbands

Reaction score
it's kind of disappointing that the new down node loses the crazy collar of the original for a more traditional collar and hood combo. but thankfully they also took off the terrible chest pockets from last season

Szeen

Reaction score
I really like the minimalistic looks but I am wondering if the Node Down jacket is warm enough for Toronto weather. Can anyone chime in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads