• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Genludd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes - they do have 2 types of blue:

Navy Blue - Box Calf (currently on their website there are Balmoral Boots in this color) - I orderer Balmorals in this but mixed with Navy Suede - waiting for delivery
Yes Blue - which is lither with some shadings - they have some booths in this color) - Have currently boots in this shade and think about monks.

What is good with www.patine.pl - you can order different sole - depends on your preferences

I saw that they have navy calf for Balmoral boots but not in the monk section. Do you mean I can specify the color on the double monk when I order? Do they charge extra for that since it is more like heading to the MTO direction.

Last edited:

Dembowski

Reaction score
Hi. Yes you can select style, type of sole and color color (if it is available in Yanko offer) and you are not charged for it!!!!!

Genludd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hi. Yes you can select style, type of sole and color color (if it is available in Yanko offer) and you are not charged for it!!!!!

It is good to know. So I just contact them since their online system doesn't seem to support that.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Dembowski

Reaction score
The normal approach is to confirm the order via email (MTO) - style, color, type of leather or suede and sole

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's full grain leather. Seems like this guy has come over an old batch of Yanko shoes. These are how they looked years ago, nowadays they have closed channel stitching and slimmer, bevelled waist. Looks like a good deal, however.

Pretty good deal I would say. Received these last week and now on my feet.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Skolyx and @patinePL : You guys should add a Yanko last shape comparison chart. Something like this or this would be helpful.

@Skolyx: Can you add Canada to the list of coutries in your drop down field in the checkout?

Last edited:

patinePL

Reaction score
@Wes Bourne, good suggestions! Thanks!

A few examples that might be helpful:

YANKO LAST 915

YANKO LAST 962

YANKO LAST 961

YANKO LAST 948

YANKO LAST 960

LAST 915 - LAST 961 - LAST 915 - LAST 962

LAST 962 - LAST 915 - LAST 948 - LAST 961 - LAST 961 - LAST 924

YANKO LAST MEASURES LIST (link)

We ship world wide and deduct vat on orders outside EU.

Best Regards :)

jamie411

Reaction score
The 962 is a pretty nice last. Looks more rounded than 915 but otherwise similar in appearance.

02///M3

Reaction score
@skolyx or @patinepl can either of you provide sizing advice? I have a pair of captoe brogues on the 915 last in a U.S. 11.5 (which I believe is an EU 44.5). They are slightly too big... I get heel slip in both, particularly on my smaller right foot. I also have about 2 centimeters of space from my toes to the end of the shoe and the vamp closes fully when I lace them (which I like). Would you recommend sizing down a half size to get the ideal fit or would the eu 44 be too small (particularly in the instep... I want to be able to close the laces all the way). Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

02///M3

Reaction score

Since you want to be able to close them fully its hard to tell just from the above if you would be able to size down 0,5 and still be able to close them fully. I would suggest our average customer to try 0,5 smaller but its a bit hard to tell since you wish to close them fully on the lacing. For personal fitting advice I think its best that you send a private message to us or to patine.pl (the one you prefer, I think patine.pl will help you perfectly as well) and we can ask for your measurements and give you a more detailed answer. Just to avoid a long conversation in this thread just between us :)

Of course, will do. Thanks.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After due research (high premium GYW RTW english and all spanish brands) for a Black Toe Cap Oxfords, I pulled the trigger with this Yanko today. I had in mind AS Armfield on top of my list thanks to experts in SF, but finally I did not wanted to pay so much many for a pair of RTW GYW shoes that I wont wear much often. So I was really surprise of the quality/price ratio at those (260€)

Fit was very good. Second, the design and shape of the shoe is great in this model (6 eyelet); sharp and finesse adapted to the last. Finish is good too (edge of the sole, heel, stiching, beveled waist), Box Calf (maybe 2º or 3º grade compare to others, but still very nice), a fiddle waist very strange for this range of price. I think they use leather puff at heel and the toe (quite soft). Linning is low , but not much different from Carmina.

I think I made a very wise purchase for this model but I will wait to have a clear opinion of them after wearing them in the long run.

My main concer is about insole (kind of white? and thin) and the outsole (It seems rigid enough but flexible). Could any of the experts with Yanko provide me any input about their quality?.

Galix

Reaction score
I have to confess that I am impressed by the jump Yanko has made lately. At least aesthetically. Few years ago while waiting at the airport in Madrid I saw them in a store and my impression was quite "meh". But some of the pairs in this thread are stunning.

Anyone dare to comment on quality? I reckon they should be somewhere close to Meermin and well under Carmina's. Am I right?

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, above Meermin LM and behind Carmina (know both brands). In that territory.

Very good shoes indeed for their quality/price ratio.

But remenber that fit is first.
mwink[1].gif

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From my understanding, above Meermin LM and behind Carmina (know both brands). In that territory.

Very good shoes indeed for their quality/price ratio. 

But remenber that fit is first.
mwink%5B1%5D.gif
I find that difficult to believe as Meermin LM is arguably better than Carmina. I have both. Also, I'm not alone in that belief, pretty common actually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads