• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dembowski

Reaction score
Balmorals are great! It was my MTO order, which I finally decide to change into combination of Navy leather and suede.Congratulations!!!!
Puncture holes - I have them as well in my 525 Navy boots

Dembowski

Reaction score
I have juest received AS Ramsey (Oak Calf) and after comparing them to Yanko 306 (Testa de Moro) it is difficult to say, which one will be my favorite. Both pairs are great.

AS Ramsey vs Yanko 306

Sergey

Reaction score
One more pair of Yanko shoes:
Yanko 10107

Construction of the sole is strange - leather stitched to the rubber, usually the other way round.

Peculiarity of my shoes is that the size of left and right shoes is different. Yanko agreed to make it without additional cost!

southern-swede

Reaction score
Does anyone understand the size table?
dozingoff.gif

http://patine.pl/uploads/assets/tabela_rozmiarowa.pdf

I dont understand the width measurement, for me shoes that are more than 200mm wide is very wide shoes
biggrin.gif

ecwy

Reaction score
Disclaimer - I have only worn my Yanko Balmoral boots once.

Suede quality wise, Carmina's suede feels nicer and Yanko's one feels a bit rougher but it is not poor quality suede. Leather wise seems similar but maybe Carmina might be a little thicker but too early to tell on how it ages. Construction is good and don't see any major flaws. Overall, I would say pretty good value and quality for the price.

Size wise, I didn't quite understand the table on the width and assume it is 2x width measurement? I took my usual UK size and it worked out for length maybe slightly long. Mine was a G width Balmoral boot. It fits wider than Carmina Rain in toe area but I have wide feet.. Maybe even wider than Detroit last. Can't comment on normal F width.

southern-swede

Reaction score
I think
Size wise, I didn't quite understand the table on the width and assume it is 2x width measurement? I took my usual UK size and it worked out for length maybe slightly long. Mine was a G width Balmoral boot. It fits wider than Carmina Rain in toe area but I have wide feet.. Maybe even wider than Detroit last. Can't comment on normal F width.

I think the table shows how many mm it is to the widest part of the shoe
nod[1].gif

Sergey

Reaction score
vriche
I am not an expert. So I just tell that Carmin's leather have smaller pores and I do not see any flaws in construction both shoes.

rc121

Reaction score

Disclaimer - I have only worn my Yanko Balmoral boots once.

Suede quality wise, Carmina's suede feels nicer and Yanko's one feels a bit rougher but it is not poor quality suede. Leather wise seems similar but maybe Carmina might be a little thicker but too early to tell on how it ages. Construction is good and don't see any major flaws. Overall, I would say pretty good value and quality for the price.

Size wise, I didn't quite understand the table on the width and assume it is 2x width measurement? I took my usual UK size and it worked out for length maybe slightly long. Mine was a G width Balmoral boot. It fits wider than Carmina Rain in toe area but I have wide feet.. Maybe even wider than Detroit last. Can't comment on normal F width.
what do you wear in other brands/lasts? I measured my feet as it said and my measurements are way off the chart. 255mm width (by using their method) and 265 in length. I am a 3E in Us sizing so I get the width issue, but the shortest length is 270 and that's a UK 6.

ecwy

Reaction score

what do you wear in other brands/lasts? I measured my feet as it said and my measurements are way off the chart. 255mm width (by using their method) and 265 in length. I am a 3E in Us sizing so I get the width issue, but the shortest length is 270 and that's a UK 6.

I would stick to your brannock size. I follow -1 for us to uk sizing. If you are 3E (wide feet unless I'm mistaken) then I'd try getting the shoes in G last. I normally avoid sizing up for width and prefer choosing wider lasts.

I wear 8.5E Barrie as the only American brand i have. Else, 7.5 uk for carmina but I only take the wider lasts like rain, Detroit, soller.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads