• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Ridiculous Texting Question (Girls)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Agreed. Smoke signals are the way to go.

Birks and Grey Socks

Reaction score
Women are replaceable. If you have this attitude, you will bag a lot of chicks.

To the OP, she texted you last minute because her "plan A" fell through and you are the 2nd choice (or 3rd..) for the evening. Event though you want to bag her, resist the urge to agree to do something that same day. She will forever regard you as someone who is not worth her complete attention, as you have proven that you will drop everything and spend time with her that night, last minute and on her schedule.

I understand that you wish to boan her. If this is still the case, you must, as another poster suggested, tell her you are busy that night but suggest that next weekend will be OK, and that YOU will get back to her later next week. Don't call her (NO texting, it's for punks) until the day right before you want to see her, such as Thurs night for Fri night. This way she will have spent all week wondering if you are going to call, and be thinking of you all week, thus upping your desireability in her head.

I CANT believe I even have to type this out for you people. I should teach a class or something. But alas I was also just as clueless back when I was in my early 20s.

Again, in general minimize the texting and make calls instead. Texting is for juvenile boys who have no game. It's stuff like this that makes girls easy pickings for older 'more mature' men like me. Or continue doing what you are doing, and keep men like me freshly supplied with young mid 20s women for our weekend entertainment
laugh.gif

skywalker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johansn
Regardless of what we think is lame, old or new, we all know girls want us to call them. For them its like they feel we're more interested. Anyone can type a text message, or chat via computer.
In the very beginning I'd disagree. Sometimes girls just feel more comfortable communicating through texts than a phone call. (no gap, if you got this then there probably is an age gap)

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
From a sociological perspective, the problem with texting vs. phoning is that texting is an inferior form of communication, just as talking on the phone is inferior to talking in person. A person's voice communicates a lot more than just what the words of a text message are saying. Even more so, when you speak with someone in person, you communicate much more through your body language than with just your voice.

I'm not advocating asking a girl out in person, nor do I think it's wrong to ask a girl out by text. However, if you are looking for further clues and information about what a person is trying to communicate (and it appeared that the OP was), then using an inferior form of communication will hamper your ability to read into what a chick is really trying to communicate. For some, this is no big deal. For others, they are trying to gather as much info as possible. Choose your form of communication accordingly.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Birks and Grey Socks
..I was also just as clueless back when I was in my early 20s.

It doesn't seem like much has changed really.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a young guy and to me a grown man who thinks its better to text a woman he wishes to build a romantic relationship with has a lot to learn.

I can't count the number of times I've heard or been part of a conversation about some silly boy who won't call. The talk about putting them on the spot and how they like to have time to think about a response is ridiculous. Putting them on the spot is the point. You can tell within a few minutes whether or not you should pursue something as opposed to weeks of silly text messages and fidgeting with your phone.

Texting is casual and there are too many things left to interpretation. That isn't the sort of position to put yourself in when trying to get to know someone.

Incman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
I'm hoping an earthquake will destroy Hoover Dam so all the cell towers will go dead for a month.

Being that it's a young woman, then he likely couldn't call either. I can't remember the last time I had landline service in my house.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
This thread is different. He didn't ************ over. yet
plain.gif
yeah I meant to change the title of the other thread to something general but I forgot. I was simply trying to keep girl problems to one thread, at leas the ones that have to do with texting and what to text and all that jazz. Posted via Tapatalk

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Simple. Overnight Fed-ex her one of those huge desk calendars complete with dates penciled in that detail every single interaction you'll have with her until the end of 2012. Don't get lazy as the months go by. We don't want to see things like "drinks", or "coffee" penciled in 6 months from now because you got lazy. Preferably, write something like November 22nd, 2012: "I tracked down your boss through one of your co-workers on facebook and he okayed lunch on this date. We'll be going to xyx on xyz street at noon".
Lol wow maybe I am thinking this because I am a bit sleep deprived BUT I think this would not be such a bad idea. I may try it, I think it would give her a good laugh and I would get a "OMG HE IS SO CUTE" reaction out of it. Posted via Tapatalk

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wootx
meh
sarcasm.gif

Lol come on it can't be that bad. Posted via Tapatalk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads