• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

emptym

Reaction score
Yeah, the fit, the old-fashioned detailing, and the handwork are the main benefits imo.

Re. fit: Some have said his "genius" is without taking any measurements to make a perfect-fitting pair of pants (clean line/no rippling when one stands but still allows complete range of motion). He did in my case.

The detailing would include the reverse button at the waistband, buttons at the cuffs, internal waist straps, etc.

The handwork is probably mostly about romance, but I believe some of it has some function. There are several different types of stitches used for different purposes. For example the Kerbau post says that the hem was stitched like all other hems except that the edges weren't serged, as thought that was a bad thing. But the hand-stitched XxXx pattern is not normal. I've never seen it on any other types of pants. It may have other functions but the one I've observed is that it prevents fabric from fraying without resorting to serging, which is great imo because that reduces the bulk at the hem.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure someone has Ambrosi pants that look ok, but I’ve never seen them. The handful of times I’ve seen Ambrosi pants I’ve wondered who the joke is on.

Further google sleuthing has led me to numerous examples of Ambrosi pants that don’t suck. It seems the Internet is far more excited about posting the weird fits.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Further google sleuthing has led me to numerous examples of Ambrosi pants that don’t suck. It seems the Internet is far more excited about posting the weird fits.

I have seen some nice examples. But I find a lot of them to be pretty obnoxious. The pleats are, more often than not, splayed out, the waistband seems unnecessarily ornate, the rise is often too low, I find them a bit carrot-ish, etc. I do not quite understand why pants cannot just be pants. The proliferation of crazy waistbands, unnecessary bar tacks, strange proportions, just feels a bit off to me.

Maybe I am just getting more conservative.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just you, my man.

Also, for what it is worth, I find it somewhat unnecessary to draw undue attention to one's crotch. I know, I know - it is the waistband, not the crotch. But still, it is distracting.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But isn't the point with pants like that to do something outrageous/silly? It's not like someone expected normal pants and got those instead.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not all, but most of the Ambrosi pents I've seen on these innanets blow right past "trim" and land squarely in the realm of "tight." Even on a fit/skinny person, that's not a look I favor. I guess it's a testament to his skill as a fitter that they can be comfortable even though they're that snug, but, uh...

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both east coast and west coast Matt seemed to have normal looking and fitting pants from Ambrosi; although, I know that east coast Matt had some issues with his good friend later in their relationship.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not all, but most of the Ambrosi pents I've seen on these innanets blow right past "trim" and land squarely in the realm of "tight." Even on a fit/skinny person, that's not a look I favor. I guess it's a testament to his skill as a fitter that they can be comfortable even though they're that snug, but, uh...

I wonder if that is partly cultural. Mina at NSM has commented that the Americans like their clothes looser vs the Swedes who like it very tight.

Both east coast and west coast Matt seemed to have normal looking and fitting pants from Ambrosi; although, I know that east coast Matt had some issues with his good friend later in their relationship.

I think that picture that lordsuperb posted is of mafoofan’s “pents” that brought the end to his relationship with Ambrosi. Notice the pockets are a bit too far apart. Apparently mafoofan gained weight and Ambrosi forgot to change the pattern. So when the waistband was corrected, the pockets are too far apart. MF wanted them to be replaced gratis but SA refused. Lots of :lurk: ensued.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, for what it is worth, I find it somewhat unnecessary to draw undue attention to one's crotch. I know, I know - it is the waistband, not the crotch. But still, it is distracting.

:( I bet he doesn't even wear these anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads