• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
----------------------

The Manistee in brown is a good matching belt for a brown brogue shoe, even though it's not pebble grain.
I looked at those - the color is about right but I'm not a fan of the broguing. I'm not hung up on pebble, but the tone of these shoes is pretty dark. This pic is close, except the red tones are mainly the camera and the ones I wound up with don't show quite this much grain...

shoenoobie

Reaction score
------------------

McAllister is my favorite shoe. IMO, wingtips are more versatile than half-brogue captoes.
I would vote for McAllister too. Get Strand Walnut next after that

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else tried wearing their Bleecker Streets with a suit? I've done it a couple times but am not sure how to feel about it. As long as I'm standing, they pretty much resemble a cap toe oxford. It just felt a bit weird crossing my legs and showing them off in all their glorious chukka-ness.

I do wear my chilli bleecker st with suit sometimes. But I almost always wear suits casually as in without tie, with check shirts etc. I don't think they feel weird with suit , they still look sleek, still are perf cap toe!
I know about the recommendation to wear bals with suits etc. etc. but I rarely feel like doing that..

HealthActuary

Reaction score
3.5 more weeks until my dundee 2.0s in snuff seude arrive... i love how i got my snuff suede wide basic belt today after only a 3 day wait, but it is making the overall wait for the boots that much tougher. the snuff color is beautiful and the suede feels so premium :)

should i use the AE waterproofing spray on the nap side of the belt??

Last edited:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else tried wearing their Bleecker Streets with a suit? I've done it a couple times but am not sure how to feel about it. As long as I'm standing, they pretty much resemble a cap toe oxford. It just felt a bit weird crossing my legs and showing them off in all their glorious chukka-ness.
I wear my Bleeckers all the time with a suit minus the tie. The versatility allows me to wear them with any outfit while traveling for work.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only recently obtained these and I was amazed with the fit and comfort. It's always a big bonus to feel good while trying to look good. They are unlike anything I have and I could not be happier.

Had a pair of the Fairfax in Chili a few years ago, but unfortunately I bought it in an incorrect size (10D rather than a 9E or 9.5E) and realized they were a poor fit and had to sell them. Since then, I've been keeping an eye on ebay for any that might pop up in my size.

BKBridge

Reaction score

Yes, they work well with a suit imho

YoungSweet

Reaction score
My PPC shot today.
Chilli Lasalle

Last edited:

_C350_

Reaction score

I was in the same position couple of days ago and decided to go with the dark brown. After I looked at them in the store, I thought oxblood was too flashy in this style for my taste.

Thank you for your honest opinion!

I could not choose, so I ordered both!! Arggh!!

Al Dente

Reaction score

How warm are they? Do you find that there there many occasions on which the Dalton would be too dressy/insufficiently rugged, but a winter boot or work boot would be insufficiently refined?

I can't recall their warmth in the cold, but the LB got too warm in the 60 degree weather. As for there being a role for both boots, I definitely think so. The LB pulls flannel/cord/outdoor duty and Dalton does dress jeans and suit duty. Also, the LB walk very softly and quietly. They feel like sneakers and make me want to run.

tharkun

Reaction score

I can't recall their warmth in the cold, but the LB got too warm in the 60 degree weather. As for there being a role for both boots, I definitely think so. The LB pulls flannel/cord/outdoor duty and Dalton does dress jeans and suit duty. Also, the LB walk very softly and quietly. They feel like sneakers and make me want to run.

If 60 gets warm how's say 20 for the LB? That would increase the time I could wear it considerably until I have to use my real winter boots (those aren't pretty. Basically service boots, approved for law enforcement - Danner Recon with 200g of Thinsulate), being in Montreal.

Last edited:

bathiel

Reaction score

I second the last two sentences in Al's post. I just got my first pair of LBs and can honestly say they're the most comfortable boots right out of the box I've ever owned.

Bernie

LanceM

Reaction score
Morning guys. Happy Walnut Wednesday! The Jeffersons, the shoe that started my AE collection a year ago, maybe my most comfortable 'dress' shoe and my newly acquired walnut brief case. I've always thought the independence walnut was a different hue than the calf.

HealthActuary

Reaction score
Morning guys. Happy Walnut Wednesday! The Jeffersons, the shoe that started my AE collection a year ago, maybe my most comfortable 'dress' shoe and my newly acquired walnut brief case. I've always thought the independence walnut was a different hue than the calf.

Hahaha I love it! I also added the travel tag since it looks so damn good even though I am not on travel :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads