• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like they have a bunch of new stuff up on the site today, including several additional Seven collection shoes.  Nothing really jumps out for me, except perhaps for the Pesaro loafer.  

It's also nice to see the Bayfield boot back.  I love mine.

Nothing jumps out at me either. I think the Tresana was the best of the bunch. I'm glad I got them when I did.

Also, first day wearing my new Burgundy Shell Macneil's. They are fantastic! Fit is better than the Alden LWB I lusted over for all these years (but couldn't get a good fit). I ended up with an 11.5D rather than an 11E that I'd previously thought. My feet were swimming in the 11E but the 11D were too tight. SA recommended I try a 11.5D since my feet aren't all that wide but I have a high instep/high volume foot. He was right.

Couldn't be more pleased.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like they have a bunch of new stuff up on the site today, including several additional Seven collection shoes. Nothing really jumps out for me, except perhaps for the Pesaro loafer.

It's also nice to see the Bayfield boot back. I love mine.

Trying to decide if I like the chiseled toe on the Larchmont as compared with the more classic RL Sanderson (made by AE) or the AE Williams. Any thoughts?

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't own any chisel toes, it would certainly add a touch of variety. Both are aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
Trying to decide if I like the chiseled toe on the Larchmont as compared with the more classic RL Sanderson (made by AE) or the AE Williams. Any thoughts?

That Larchmont is pretty, to be sure. It's apparently built on the new 3 last, though the toe really resembles my Soho's.

bucksfan

Reaction score
Quote:

Pix are broken for me, too. Maybe they're just being shell teases, but I think there must be a technical problem.

LOL I think they are being teases. The descriptions are up, and if they are using the brown shell that they use for the Strand in cordovan (which I liken to an "espresso" sort of), they might be my next purchases. The Dundee and McAllister in particular sound great!

Last edited:

Ketawa

Reaction score
Argh! I was about to pull the trigger on the Malvern in brown burnished calf last night, size 14D. Would have been my first shoe from AE. It seemed like a great value at $200, but now that size isn't an option on the website. Although I did notice that the largest size available right now is 15, whereas even a few hours ago it was 12, so it seems like these things are constantly changing.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Argh! I was about to pull the trigger on the Malvern in brown burnished calf last night, size 14D. Would have been my first shoe from AE. It seemed like a great value at $200, but now that size isn't an option on the website. Although I did notice that the largest size available right now is 15, whereas even a few hours ago it was 12, so it seems like these things are constantly changing.

Call a store, they should be able to help.

mikeman

Reaction score
I have been eying a pari of nice, but mildly casual dress shoes. I wanted a pair of Grenson Sid, but them being made in India is sort of off-putting.
What do you guys think of the AE Elgin?
Also, any idea if AE ever has sale?

ncdobson

Reaction score
Quote:
LOL I think they are being teases. The descriptions are up, and if they are using the brown shell that they use for the Strand in cordovan (which I liken to an "espresso" sort of), they might be my next purchases. The Dundee and McAllister in particular sound great!

I have the Strands in brown shell, so I was hoping for a different shade of brown. I guess the tease is working, eh?

acousticfoodie

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Black Hills. It's the "Walnut Saddle Waxy Leather," I take it I don't follow the normal shoe care like I do my walnut strands? What products would you guys use for this kind of leather?

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up a pair of Black Hills. It's the "Walnut Saddle Waxy Leather," I take it I don't follow the normal shoe care like I do my walnut strands? What products would you guys use for this kind of leather?

I would guess something like Montana Pitch Blend?

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on how you want it. If you want it more ruff and keep it waxy I would recommend Obenaufs LP, but by the look of the leather, it's not impossible to get a shine with some reno and wax. I personally go for both on my waxy chelsea boots; treat them with obenaufs with a good shine on the toes. :teach:

acousticfoodie

Reaction score

Depends on how you want it. If you want it more ruff and keep it waxy I would recommend Obenaufs LP, but by the look of the leather, it's not impossible to get a shine with some reno and wax. I personally go for both on my waxy chelsea boots; treat them with obenaufs with a good shine on the toes. :teach:

eh? lol I am a noob when it comes to shoe shining...I only shine my calf skin shoes in which I just use AE shoe cream polish and that's it. I emailed AllenEdmonds and they told me to just use Saddle soap...does this mean I just use saddle soap and that's it? That doesn't sound correct....especially with all the products everyone else is suggesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads