• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JugglEvan

Reaction score
I have owned a few pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes and have been very pleased. However, I was wondering if they have any more "elongated", if you will, style shoes. For example, the Harrison model looks like an elongated Park Avenue. I have had a few other "nice" shoes (grensons, church's, etc.) and they all had a bit less round toe, more of a point. I see this same look on a lot of highhighhigh end shoes, and overall I prefer this look.

Where can I find more Allen Edmonds price range shoes in these styles? I prefer simple staple styles (and tongue twisters, sorry). Thanks.

jasonleb1

Reaction score
I have owned a few pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes and have been very pleased. However, I was wondering if they have any more "elongated", if you will, style shoes. For example, the Harrison model looks like an elongated Park Avenue. I have had a few other "nice" shoes (grensons, church's, etc.) and they all had a bit less round toe, more of a point. I see this same look on a lot of highhighhigh end shoes, and overall I prefer this look.

Where can I find more Allen Edmonds price range shoes in these styles? I prefer simple staple styles (and tongue twisters, sorry). Thanks.
My Sanfords are pretty pointy and have a pretty simple design too, not too much brogueing.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, Here are my Strand in the SF famous walnut colour !!! They are US8 EEE. I have a pair of Fifth Street boots in US 8.5 D. Funny how the Strand US8 EEE fits much much loose. I am surprised. They are on same last 5 .A 7.5 EEE would've been perfect pair. Strand vs PA same fitting or different ?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look at shoes on the 3 and 8 lasts. The AE site allows you to search by last.

Jigg

Reaction score
Is the Park Ave in black necessary for a collection if I have the Jefferson in black? Can't the Jefferson be worn in formal settings as well?
I don't want excess for just the sake of excess
smile.gif

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've noticed most people on this site don't use heel taps for their AEs. Not a good idea in general?

I use them on all of my shoes. It's cheaper to replace $3 taps then $20 or $30 heels.

Look at shoes on the 3 and 8 lasts.  The AE site allows you to search by last.

Agreed on 3 last. The 8 last is not as pointy as some of the English brands though.

Last edited:

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the Park Ave in black necessary for a collection if I have the Jefferson in black? Can't the Jefferson be worn in formal settings as well?
I don't want excess for just the sake of excess :)

It depends on what you find yourself doing. Job interviews, funerals, black tie -- those are situations in which the Park Avenues' starker nature really shines compared to a full brogue like the Jefferson.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't want excess for just the sake of excess :)

On this forum, the answer is yes, a black plain captoe is always part of a professional's shoe collection. As some conservative occasions would favor wearing such a shoe.

In the real world, were no one cares, it is all unnecessary...

adsmith4

Reaction score
Just got my Brown Cronmoks in today, after a 3 week wait for them to make them. They were darker than I expected so I think I am going to swap them for the tan color. The leather is very soft and they seem like will be very comfortable. This might just become my go to shoe this winter.

reidrothchild

Reaction score

I've noticed most people on this site don't use heel taps for their AEs. Not a good idea in general?

I have heel taps on only one pair of shoes and regret getting them. They feel odd and make too much noise on hard surfaces. I believe all AEs have either a full or partial rubber heel, so I'd say heel taps are unnecessary.

spitshine123

Reaction score
I've heard some folks on here have a lot of problems with the neumora toe-cap creasing. Does the Rutledge have the same problem since they have similar sized caps?

Jigg

Reaction score
Just got my Brown Cronmoks in today, after a 3 week wait for them to make them. They were darker than I expected so I think I am going to swap them for the tan color. The leather is very soft and they seem like will be very comfortable. This might just become my go to shoe this winter.

Wearing mine today, I oiled them up to make them darker though....

Jigg

Reaction score
It depends on what you find yourself doing. Job interviews, funerals, black tie -- those are situations in which the Park Avenues' starker nature really shines compared to a full brogue like the Jefferson.
I'm not prepared to buy shoes just for funerals!

On this forum, the answer is yes, a black plain captoe is always part of a professional's shoe collection. As some conservative occasions would favor wearing such a shoe.
In the real world, were no one cares, it is all unnecessary...
Makes sense, thank you.

bucksfan

Reaction score
Inaugural wearing of my new Leeds in burgundy shell: (again, sorry for the crappy blackberry pics).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads