• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

James77

Reaction score

They are essentially the same fit for me.

True to size for me is 5 last shoes in 9.5c, but 9D works very well for me. 

That said, I picked up Daltons in 9D, and while slightly snug in the toes, if I wear thin socks, the boots are breaking in and becoming more comfortable.  If there were a 9.5c in the dalton, I might try it, but the 9D works.

All of my #1 and #5 last are the same size. And are the 2 lasts I have the most shoes

Thanks for the reply's guys. I went and tried on a pair of 8D Strands yesterday at lunch. They felt like they fit through most of the shoe except at the toes. There was about an inch of space between my big toe and the eno of the shoe. In my Dalton's there is only about half an inch space. The store didn't have a 7.5 for me to try on so I'll have to find somewhere else that carries them to compare the two sizes.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my cappuccino shell Dundees today. They've been in my regular rotation since I got them in April. I think they are looking really good. I've been using Alden's Leather Defender on these and thought they worked very well.
EFBB8243-AEC1-4F7A-B3E9-69B493B881E0-1182-0000014DA17FE824_zps1779c9f6.jpg

C8925B2D-779C-419A-8206-D253A0D794D2-1182-0000014D992AFC4C_zpsc923ef63.jpg

04325EB0-3BA2-4EA5-A9B0-BA7F5F5DD0A3-1182-0000014D94A0FB07_zps26bd3e4b.jpg

GORGEOUS

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

charliebrown2

Reaction score
E Experts,

Do you guys know the main difference between the Larchmont, MacNeil, and Sanderson? Different last perhaps? Thanks

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Larchmont and Macneil are on very different lasts. Try and see a birds eye view of the two

bucksfan

Reaction score
AE Experts,

Do you guys know the main difference between the Larchmont, MacNeil, and Sanderson? Different last perhaps? Thanks

Yes. The Macneil is the 7 last, the Larchmont is the 3 last, and I believe the RL Sanderson is on the 2 last (can someone verify?)

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic of my AE Malverns. These will be my go to fall/winter shoes.
rc61sp.jpg

dgonsh

Reaction score
These are my soon-to-be-arriving Dundee's. Apparently they are in the chili colour. Possibly walnut. Tought to tell from the pics. Will probably get them topy'd for the toronto winters. Can't wait for them to arrive!

Last edited:

charliebrown2

Reaction score
The Larchmont and Macneil are on very different lasts. Try and see a birds eye view of the two

Yes. The Macneil is the 7 last, the Larchmont is the 3 last, and I believe the RL Sanderson is on the 2 last (can someone verify?)

Thanks guys. Design-wise these 3 look pretty much the same to my naked eyes.

Anybody have any recommendation with the relationship between the 5 and 2 last? I think 2 is the tricky one. I'm at 7.5E with the 5

bucksfan

Reaction score
You will be 7.5 EE or EEE on the 2 last then. Or perhaps an 8E to EE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads