• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
From what I understand that is a burnish they do to create the Bourbon effect so I am not sure but If I were to do it would probably us some black wax polish and apply it in a very blotchy manner and brush and keep doing that with very thin layers

rostov

Reaction score
I understand there should be an AMA starting soon (or alreayd started) with Paul Grangaard? Link?

LeviMay

Reaction score
Bourbon Daltons with tweed today:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me (and the market)!!  I always thought the MacNeil was too blobby and loved the look for the Williams, Larchmont, RL Sanderson but cannot ever fit in the 222 last.  Many AE customers cannot; most can fit in the 5.  

Larchmont is on the 3 last. Anyway, I understand your point and glad you dog them. They do look nice. It's just a little odd to me that they sell 3 LWB but no shortwing bluchers or saddles.

But I hear you. To each his own. I've got the awesomely clunky MacNeil and the sleeker Regent Street LWBs so I understand the appeal of the gunboat...

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Townley Tuesday Wednesday:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't set out today to pair gray flannel with CXL Long Branches but guess what arrived a day early.

So, I'm wearing them around the office checking on fit. My first foray with the 1 last. Ordered my normal size in the 5,7, and 2. So far, so good.

People here say the 1 is shorter than the 5 but I perceive no difference as far as ball-to-heel length.

These are seconds for $199. I'm hard pressed to find anything wrong with them. I'm inclined to save the $70 bucks from the RDA sale price and keep them.

seahawks506

Reaction score

Got my promontory points last night! You can see the workmanship errors but at $160 I can't complain. Fit is a bit too tight with the orthotics. Should I leave them in when breaking in the boots or not?

DesertRat

Reaction score

Question for those with Daltons and also have shoes in the 5 last. Did any of you ever size up? I have slightly narrow feet and when I tried the Daltons on they were ever so slightly tight on the sides. I would assume this would loosen up and form with wear? Never bought a pair of dress boots before but for my RW and Wolverines they stretch a little over time. Can I expect the same for these?

I bought my Park Avenues and my Dalton boots at the same time. I'm usually an 8.5. I had to get an 8D in the Park Ave 5 last. but had to size up to the 8.5D in the Dalton 1 last.

Hope that helps.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't set out today to pair gray flannel with CXL Long Branches but guess what arrived a day early.

So, I'm wearing them around the office checking on fit. My first foray with the 1 last. Ordered my normal size in the 5,7, and 2. So far, so good.

People here say the 1 is shorter than the 5 but I perceive no difference as far as ball-to-heel length.

These are seconds for $199. I'm hard pressed to find anything wrong with them. I'm inclined to save the $70 bucks from the RDA sale price and keep them.

Longbranch tends to run big and not 100% true to the 511 typical fit

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA:

With a heavy heart, I'm Letting any 11 E footed people's know that there is a gorgeous cappuccino dundee at the madison store in NYC. The shell color is so light it could pass for walnut. I tried to make it work with my 10.5 3E dogs, but the heels slipped too much. On a tall boot like Dalton it may have been fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads