• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw these Players in the Nordstrom Rack on Union Sq. Looked pretty good for 2nds - there may have been a very slight difference in color between the two but it was very minor. I would probably have bought them if they were less a bit less than the $199.97 they were asking for...

Does Nordstrom Rack sell seconds, or are they just overstocked firsts?

Costa

Reaction score
I know some say AE's quality has gotten worse, but boy, was I in for a shocker today.

The Cappuccino shell McAllisters I ordered from the AE came in, and holy cow, I would not have considered these seconds, never mind full price.

I mean, it was bad. Leather on the bottom was all cracked and peeling (along with a square dent), nail head in heel was not in all the way, front top was splotchy and scratched (if only this, I would have kept and buffed out), what looks like a glue stain inside.

Have many other AE's, and Alden shells, and know some imperfections are to be expected, and can tolerate a lot, but this was a shocker. Needless to say, they are going back.

Just as a follow up; I sent these back, and a customer service person contacted me, credited me $100, and said a new pair would be made; I received them yesterday, and they were practically flawless (sent them overnight, which was a nice touch). I was really impressed. I just don't want to leave this post out there, and not a follow up.

AE may be slipping, as all company's going through growth tend to do, but they do step up and make it right.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Very nice. I'm glad they made it right and offered you a concession.

Ridgeway

Reaction score
My AE Park Avenues arrived yesterday. Put them on in the store and they fit great and feel fantastic. Look great for a classic traditional shoe. Picked up AE shoe trees as well. I'm just reading the shoe care threads.
When I hit some nice weather I'll start breaking them in.
Asked about the AE 90th deals coming up and the local store (Gary Waters) didn't know about it and it didn't sound like they would be participating.
Do the deals extend to stores in Canada, or do we need to order directly from AE to get them?
Thanks!

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You do realize that 75% of all subscribers to this thread just got in their car and rushed over to their nearest Rack.:nodding:

Haha sorry about that - I didn't mean to cause a stampede!

Also, the shoes were the same size - it was my crappy photography skills which made one look smaller than the other?! I tried them on and they :slayer:

ElDave

Reaction score

Just as a follow up; I sent these back, and a customer service person contacted me, credited me $100, and said a new pair would be made; I received them yesterday, and they were practically flawless (sent them overnight, which was a nice touch). I was really impressed. I just don't want to leave this post out there, and not a follow up.

AE may be slipping, as all company's going through growth tend to do, but they do step up and make it right. 

That's what I love about Allen Edmonds. While they do screw up from time to time, they always make it right.

Btw your shoes are fantastic.

bucksfan

Reaction score

Those are great looking! I can't get over how great the wheeling on the welt looks. Enjoy, and it is great to hear they made it right for you.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Positano or Firenze AE loafers? How well do they hold up to wear, is my only concern...

bucksfan

Reaction score
Last day breaking my Cambridges in.

ec6944a6.jpg

sorry for the dark pic - figuring out how to do this all from my iPad.

bucksfan

Reaction score
So, I got notification of the Monday Sale Prices (seconds prices unless otherwise noted). Other deals of course might be in the works, specifically note there are no cordovan deals noted.

Strawfut
$169
Bradley
$169
Shelton
$169
Kiowa
$129
Ashbury
$144
Winnetka
$129
Links
$144
New Orleans
$169
Boston
$169
1 up
$169
Montecito
$109
Carlsbad
$169
Kenilworth
$144
McAllister
$225
Broadstreet – 1st quality
$245
Woodstock – 1st quality
$199
Tampa – 1st quality
$149
Eastport
$119
Manchester
$245
Cody
$245

mb6c

Reaction score
Just got my first AEs, Walnut Strand from allaboutshoes. They are fantastic.

I really like the walnut Strands. However, I'm trying to decide between the walnut Strand and the walnut McAllister.
I don't have an AE store near me. I was at my local menswear/shoe store and they have the walnut McAllister in my size. I was talking to them about the upcoming AE sale starting Monday and I that I heard the McAllisters were included. They said they would match the McAllister price in the AE sale. Now I'm very tempted to get the walnut McAllister.
Chris

These shoes are amazing and they will be my next AEs. I also can't decide between the McAllisters or the Strands but atleast I know that they will be walnut. They also have the Jeffersons but the run +$100.

streetlord

Reaction score

So, I got notification of the Monday Sale Prices (seconds prices unless otherwise noted). Other deals of course might be in the works, specifically note there are no cordovan deals noted.
Strawfut
$169
Bradley
$169
Shelton
$169
Kiowa
$129
Ashbury
$144
Winnetka
$129
Links
$144
New Orleans
$169
Boston
$169
1 up
$169
Montecito
$109
Carlsbad
$169
Kenilworth
$144
McAllister
$225
Broadstreet – 1st quality
$245
Woodstock – 1st quality
$199
Tampa – 1st quality
$149
Eastport
$119
Manchester
$245
Cody
$245

Are those online prices, outlet prices, or retail store prices? I have an outlet like 30 min from my house, but if I can order online I would like to.

streetlord

Reaction score
Dope, guess the 35 dollar gift card I got from doin an AE refurb will come in handy. U go to Jeffersonville, I assume wit your name? I stay in Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads