• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

suaviter

Reaction score
Recraft question ...

Send a pair of Strands in two weeks ago and got the email acknowledgement ... I know some have posted pictures throughout the recraft process that are sent to you ... when can I be expecting updates?

Thanks in advance.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shiny

Reaction score

I recently purchased a pair of shell patriots when the shell second's sale was going on and I noticed two things.

1. A spot/hole/scratch on the inner wall of the right loafer but it doesn't appear to go through. (I have no intention of poking it to find out either) Has anyone experienced a similar problem, what was the outcome? I don't mind a scratch but a hole would worry me.

2. Along the stitching of the toe there appears to be an untanned part exposed. I would like to assume that it isn't a big deal and can be easily fixed with cream.

This is my first pair of shell shoes and I'm really excited to see how they age. Unfortunately I already wore them so returning is out of the question.

Sorry if my thoughts are rambled, its 5 am and I haven't slept.

I think those are fine. Nothing a little polish wouldn't fix.

Shell Townleys today. Just thinking that this is the view my Townleys enjoy most of the day :embar:

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Anyone know where they would have the Amok's available in Snuff suede (size 7.5 or 8)? I totally missed out on the recent discount through AE. whoops.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know where they would have the Amok's available in Snuff suede (size 7.5 or 8)? I totally missed out on the recent discount through AE. whoops.
Try 6pm.com?

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
I'm not going to be able to tie my shoes for awhile after having shoulder surgery next month (I know the horror!)

Maybe the silver lining here is that prior to getting cut, I have to buy new shoes. I was toying with the idea if buying some cordovan Alden LWB's but that simply will not do given my future state of affairs.

I only have a single pair of slip-on's in the closet, a pair of burgundy calf Patriots which I love and wear weekly to the office with everything from denim, chinos, and wool trousers.

So recommendations? Should I just go all out and buy a pair of brown cordovan Patriots? Taking recommendations on loafers that will be getting a lot of wear from October onwards until I can tie my shoe laces on my own. Must be versatile and suitable for biz casual office wear.

Is the webgem price of $545 going to be improved on during the rediscover America sale next week?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recraft question ...

Send a pair of Strands in two weeks ago and got the email acknowledgement ... I know some have posted pictures throughout the recraft process that are sent to you ... when can I be expecting updates?

Thanks in advance.

I got an e-mail with pictures when they were ready to be shipped back to me. Nothing before that.

cbtaylor

Reaction score
Quote:
The webgem will end prior to the sale. Shell should be 15% off, so it will be less during the RDA sale

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Mora 2.0 :)

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
now that the outlets are charging a restocking fee for returned shoes, has there been any issues with exchanging shoes for a new size? Will I get dinged a restocking fee?

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Not to be rude, but all of the sales and dates I posted were from a physical copy of the sales catalog. As I said, there are other non shoe items that I didn't list, but those are all of the shoe sales in the catalog. Hopefully somebody can put it to good use.
Will there not be any shell cordovan on sale? The list you posted the other day had no shell listed. Will everything be discounted 15-30% off like last year?

Thank you for you time!

Last edited:

epc2

Reaction score

now that the outlets are charging a restocking fee for returned shoes, has there been any issues with exchanging shoes for a new size? Will I get dinged a restocking fee?

How much is the restocking fee?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads