• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subutai

Reaction score
Issues posting today, attempt 3, in better sunlight:

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to wonder how many of us emailed Mr. Grangaard after viewing this post. I certainly did!

I also visited the Freeport, ME outlet this week while in the area for business. I ended up trying on the Patriot for size and the new store manager found a pair in brown shell to have shipped to me. They were still on sale so they turned out to be a great deal.

On a sad note, Edward Whickham who helped me a lot over the years is no longer working there. I wish him the best. The new manager, Alison was a fantastic resource and provided me with exceptional service.
I worked with Alison as well, albeit over e-mail only. She was fantastic. Much better experience than some at the Shoe Bank who i understand are likely handling more e-mails and as a result are slower to respond.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you mean by they were not what you expected?  

Very nice shoes by the way.  I can't wait for my Lexington to arrive.

I was expecting my suede MacNeils and not he shell. I ordered the suede over 3 months ago and the shell only about 3-4 weeks ago.

drbhrb

Reaction score
5RDfrUR.jpg

New second Chili Dalton's showed up today. I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with them and they fit better than any of my other AEs. Can't beat it for $199!

Last edited:

tampatravel

Reaction score
The Montecito get zero love and are really only good for guys with flat feet. I used some Renovateur and some lovely neutral polish. I really like how they turned out!

tradbrah

Reaction score
Good day gents, I have a quick question. I used Saphir Renovateur on my bourbon McAllisters. I had no idea it would take off so much polish (tested an area on the inside part of the shoe near the sole). It is far too light. Should I go ahead and use Reno on the rest of the shoe and hope that the polish will return it all to it's original bourbon color? I love the original color. Thank you in advance.

Subutai

Reaction score
Good day gents, I have a quick question. I used Saphir Renovateur on my bourbon McAllisters. I had no idea it would take off so much polish (tested an area on the inside part of the shoe near the sole). It is far too light. Should I go ahead and use Reno on the rest of the shoe and hope that the polish will return it all to it's original bourbon color? I love the original color. Thank you in advance.

Ouch, AE's Bourbon is a hard to get back; unfortunately the bourbon polish won't bring it back to factory finish. Try using the polish and then finishing with the brush you use on your black shoes

tampatravel

Reaction score

Good day gents,  I have a quick question.  I used Saphir Renovateur on my bourbon McAllisters.  I had no idea it would take off so much polish (tested an area on the inside part of the shoe near the sole).  It is far too light. Should I go ahead and use Reno on the rest of the shoe and hope that the polish will return it all to it's original bourbon color?  I love the original color.  Thank you in advance.

To get it back where you want it. I'd take it to a cobbler and have him polish them with black polish on his wheel. They're not terminal they're just sick at the moment. You'll get them back to where they belong.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5RDfrUR.jpg

New second Chili Dalton's showed up today. I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with them and they fit better than any of my other AEs. Can't beat it for $199!

Nice! I bought some Dalton's too, I hope tomorrow they confirm me the payment and send them to Oklahoma and then travel all the way to Mexico. $199 is a hell of a deal.

I decided to buy them 9D US as the guys from the customer service told me that it should fit perfectly.

Spex

Reaction score

Issues posting today, attempt 3, in better sunlight:

They looked pretty good in the indoor pics but they look great in the sunlight. Maybe I'll put this model back on my list of AEs to consider.

green garden

Reaction score
how narrow is your foot? While carmina might not offer different widths, their different lasts offer very different fits/widths. The simpson last is supposed to run pretty narrow. Now if your in the same boat (or maybe the exact opposite one depending on how you look at it) as me where even the widest lasts aren't wide enough, then I understand where u r coming from.

I wear a C in US size. I understand that my best best is the Simpson and Alcudia. The issue is that if I like a style that is made in the other lasts, then I may not have an optimal fit. I'm not saying its impossible to get a Carmina, just harder for me.

green garden

Reaction score
The one pictured is a 10D. By the luck of who knows, Nordstroms had a 10C in store. They never carry C. I talked to the guy working there and I brought home the 10C. It felt pretty snug, but, judging from how much the D stretched, I'm assuming these C's will stretch as well. I've worn them for about 12-14 hours so far (a couple days ago), and will wear them tomorrow. I'm really hoping these stretch out in the toe box a little bit more. I notice that around my ankle is a lot more snug which I like. A small small small amount of bowing which will probably get a little worse, but not as bad as the D's.

If 10C is snug, you may want to consider trying 10.5C. It will give you the heel width you want and extra length which may help with the toes. It looks like you like the 10D toebox better and have an issue with the heel. 10.5C should have the same space in the toebox as a 10D.

jasonmx3

Reaction score
Two weeks after getting this pair, I finally get to wear them "in the wild."

Decided to go one width up with them and it seems to have been the right decision. I just hope that I have enough of a lacing gap to avoid a overlap later on.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Two weeks after getting this pair, I finally get to wear them "in the wild."

Decided to go one width up with them and it seems to have been the right decision. I just hope that I have enough of a lacing gap to avoid a overlap later on.

Great looking shoe!

jasonmx3

Reaction score
^^Thanks! Wasn't quite sure about the Merlot when I first ordered them. But now I'm really liking how they look with blue suits/pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads