• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA:
I'm working with AE on a couple cappuccino shell MTOs. Allison said there is only enough shell left for approx. 25 pair of shoes then they will not be getting any more. If you are thinking about a cappuccino MTO, I would get a move on!

I'm in for a Dundee and a Leeds!
as others have said, thanks for the PSA. I'll be calling her tomorrow to discuss a bayfield option

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Congrats on great choices!

I had a feeling they were getting low thanks for the PSA. 
Which was my first thought and I only have 2 pairs of black shell... 
Not sure if anyone on here has discussed it but I agree totally. Most of my shell is AE so my closet is VERY strong smelling of cordovan. Likely too much information but not long ago had a lady still in my bed when I was getting ready for work. I opened the doors to the closet and the smell filled the room as it always does, every morning it is a great smell to start the day with IMO. After about a minute she said wow your cologne is very seductive I think you should come back to bed and threw the covers back. I wasn't wearing any cologne, it was the AE shell she was smelling.

Best story ever!

Single lady = aroused
Wife = annoyed by smell & cost

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

as others have said, thanks for the PSA. I'll be calling her tomorrow to discuss a bayfield option

No problem, guys. Get on those orders!
I was trying to think if there was anything else I should go for in cappuccino while I had the chance. I'd hate to be kicking myself later. I have plenty of boots (or will), although nothing in brown. AE doesn't have a boot that I'm really crazy about anyway. Hmmmm.

bucksfan

Reaction score

Noob question: Does AE have sales on seconds regularly? Just noticed there have been some pretty good sales in the past.

2nd quality Labor Day Sale 8/22/13-9/2/13

Brooks Brothers - $149 - except Presidio, which will be $109
Ralph Lauren $129
Park Ave black - $199 (black only)
Strand walnut $199 (walnut only)
Independence Collection ($299)
Dalton walnut $199 (price will be on all colors except cordovan)
Mayfair patent leather $99
Old discontinued Crosstown 2.0 (Granville, Provo, Ann Arbor) $59
Spiked and SLV golf 2nd Q - $149
Jack golf $129 (all 2nd’s)

Subutai

Reaction score
Also, it seems as though the outlets are already taking "pre-orders" for the upcoming seconds sale. Get the orders in early!

(Stress the quotation marks)

Last edited:

tampatravel

Reaction score
So, I was at Nordstrom Rack today to get some shoe trees and came across some lovely Hastings with the "shoe mark" on the bottoms of them. Most of the AE shoes I see at the rack don't have these...

See below:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone that has gone the MTO route been successful in slight alterations to the original shoe design/format? I'd like the bayfields to have more eyelets, like aldens boots, and no speedhooks.

will ask allison when i can get her on the phone, but figured I'd throw it out here too.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

does anyone that has gone the MTO route been successful in slight alterations to the original shoe design/format? I'd like the bayfields to have more eyelets, like aldens boots, and no speedhooks.

will ask allison when i can get her on the phone, but figured I'd throw it out here too.

I know for a fact the speed hooks cannot be removed. I am unsure if more can be added

Subutai

Reaction score
So, I was at Nordstrom Rack today to get some shoe trees and came across some lovely Hastings with the "shoe mark" on the bottoms of them. Most of the AE shoes I see at the rack don't have these...

See below:

I love those. I've seen them at my local Nordstrom's Rack as well. I felt as though the leather on those are incredibly soft; more so than usual

Scottyb06

Reaction score
My Hastings do seem a bit softer than my other AE dress shoes, although I have the slightly incorrect size (they were my first pair of AE's). I bought an 11.5D when I now wear an 11E.

mdavis534

Reaction score
I always hear about the MTO offer. Can someone refresh my memory on what it entails? Been considering shell strand. Is it better to order through the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads