• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes the walnut leather version of the player's shoe, really awesome, especially it's with the leather sole as opposed to the rubber sole on the lombards.

Damn, I wish it wasn't on the 2 last. The walnut leather player's shoe is spectacular.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't really understand the obsession with AE leeds. There are much nicer shoes available.

To each his own.

Gunboats are classic. There may in fact be no better shoe for most all occasions. Dress it up, dress it down. You could get by with just this one pair of shoes if you wanted to. From a walk in the park to a black tie event, without even changing shoes.
Agreed, however I wouldn't go as far to say they are gunboat shoes. They aren't super clunky... I was very surprised AE decided to discontinue the production of Van Ness. They were a rubber soled version of the PA's/5th avenues.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, I wish it wasn't on the 2 last. The walnut leather player's shoe is spectacular.

yeah i tried it on at the store, they are tight in the toe box compare to the my Strand. and they don't offer anything in E width with that shoe. only with the D width and the EEE width...

i also tried on the Williams, it's really comfortable tho. the leather is definitely better and even the shoe laces are thicker on that pair. if it's on a good sale i might pick it up since I dun have any longwings and they are the same as the Ralph Lauren Sanderson.

Last edited:

g.michael

Reaction score
My Bayfield's--been wearing them as actual boots and they are awesome. Decided to clean them up today.

photo-1-1.jpg

Scuffs, scratches, dirt, oh yeah!

photo-3.jpg

1) Damp rag wipe down
2) AE leather conditioner all over
3) Saphir Reno on the scuffs
4) Probably broke some kind of rule here but used AE Chili paste polish lightly on toe/vamp and scuffs. Made it shine up a little.
5) Brown edge dressing

These boots are awesome--comfy, rugged, and in narrow widths (mine are 11B).:nodding:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Bayfield's--been wearing them as actual boots and they are awesome. Decided to clean them up today.
photo-1-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

1) Damp rag wipe down
4) Probably broke some kind of rule here but used AE Chili paste polish lightly on toe/vamp and scuffs. Made it shine up a little.
5) Brown edge dressing
These boots are awesome--comfy, rugged, and in narrow widths (mine are 11B).:nodding:

Nicely done...

ElDave

Reaction score

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

1) Damp rag wipe down
5) Brown edge dressing

This makes me especially excited for my Bayfields that should arrive this week!

BigCheese

Reaction score
I just picked a pair of these up. Glad to see they clean up so well. I love the feel of them.

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

1) Damp rag wipe down
5) Brown edge dressing
These boots are awesome--comfy, rugged, and in narrow widths (mine are 11B).
nod[1].gif

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

1) Damp rag wipe down
5) Brown edge dressing

photoshop.

REguy

Reaction score
CXL is an amazing leather. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Dinhilion

Reaction score
Sooo... I am going to look like an idiot here. Can anyone give me the factory email for seconds? I know I have found it on here before, but, I can not find it for the life of me.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sooo... I am going to look like an idiot here. Can anyone give me the factory email for seconds? I know I have found it on here before, but, I can not find it for the life of me.

ALLEN EDMONDS SHOE STORE OUTLET
32 Main St
Freeport Maine, 04032-1239
207-865-6222
[email protected]

ALLEN EDMONDS SHOE BANK II OUTLET
18900 West Bluemound Road, Suite 15
Brookfield Wisconsin, 53045
262-785-6666
[email protected]

ALLEN EDMONDS SHOE BANK OUTLET
201 East Seven Hills Road
Port Washington Wisconsin, 53074
262-284-7158
[email protected]

the_drizzle

Reaction score

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

1) Damp rag wipe down
5) Brown edge dressing

What size and width are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads