• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamdurbin

Reaction score
B
chocolate daltons today
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Beautiful. These are my favorites and get more use than my walnut Dalton's. The big question is... What will happen when my new gray Dalton's arrive!!!

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I haven't, knock on wood. They do push out a lot on my unlined walnut shell Dalton's which I wore yesterday and it used to concern me some that they would cut through to the outside, however after more than a years wear no problems. I have 3 shoe boxes full of insoles I have collected over the years and they are easily the hardest ones. The next hardest ones are an old pair of green superfeet inserts that you cut to length. The harder the insole the better support they provide which is my main concern. When I get around to it I would like to purchase the next size down to see if it helps reduce the tension on the inside of the shoes\boots but still fits the correct position of my arch.

Glad you had a good experience with them then!

charliebrown2

Reaction score
Looking good!

B
Beautiful. These are my favorites and get more use than my walnut Dalton's. The big question is... What will happen when my new gray Dalton's arrive!!!

Thanks guys. They're still fairly new...just a few wears in.

Other dark chocolate dalton owners...what kind of wax polish do you guys use? All I have is the brown kiwi wax for now.

adamdurbin

Reaction score

Thanks guys.  They're still fairly new...just a few wears in. 

Other dark chocolate dalton owners...what kind of wax polish do you guys use?  All I have is the brown kiwi wax for now.

I've been using the dark brown AE cream polish, with lots of brushing. It's working very well. I also tried the close out mocha color which worked nicely too. Haven't tried a wax yet so i am interested to hear what others say but I suspect it doesn't really matter given how dark the brown of the boot is.

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score
Thanks! Posted these to give an example of my cap toe preference. these are C&J's HG bal boots: Somerville. Unfortunately my Fifth Streets fell out of my rotation when I picked this pair up.
i am a sucker for those thinner flat laces, a la alden.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great looking shoe!

I think I know where they got the idea for the new AE Winter Park (photo from the AE website)

Chris

Sanderson is a great looking shoe, as is the Winter Park. They got the idea from themselves, as the Sanderson is the Williams, which is on the 2 last.

But great to see a nice wingtip on the 1 last. But this interesting - the Walnut Winter Park has 5 blind eyelets, while the black has 4 round eyelets:

Last edited:

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sanderson might be the nicest AE shoe I own. The burnishing on the brown model is fantastic and it somehow looks like a relatively sleek longwing.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sanderson is a great looking shoe, as is the Winter Park. They got the idea from themselves, as the Sanderson is the Williams, which is on the 2 last.

All RL shoes are on custom last. Sanderson is on a custom last that is similar to 2 last. Below is mine after one and half years of service !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads