• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chocolate brown Elys today as I sit out front while the kid rides the bike. A smoldering 85 right now - summer is here already. Ready to give up the winter yet @danwatts2005 ? :)

5631E3CC-2C8A-4C85-8E08-3F6DF265D90E.jpeg

According to WTForecast here is what they say about the weather here.
F52C5FCD-6139-469C-B0B7-7E1CDDD3ED85.jpeg

elTiburon

Reaction score
Someone else mentioned light grey pants, which I agree with but I really wouldn’t recommend a Walnut captoe. If color matching is important (which I find annoying if you don’t have people in tuxedos, black shoes or you aren’t providing shoes as groomsman gifts) and you need to go the walnut route then the strand, Cornwallis, McAllister, or the Indy line versions of them are the best option IMO. Walnut is informal and so is heavy brogue. If he has you in blue suits and tan colored shoes and the wedding is outdoors then I wouldn’t be worried about any kind of formality. To me the walnut captoe doesn’t make any sense as even though it is a plain cap it is still walnut and will always be informal. If you had a giant shoe collection then yea whatever who cares but if you plan to use them regularly then I’d avoid that particular combination for now.

I know I’m a few pages behind, but I would have to agree. I personally think that the plan captoe of the PA and the walnut just don’t jive. I think to combine the semi-formality if the wedding along with good options for future use, the Cornwallis might be your best bet.

elTiburon

Reaction score
Received these Fifth Avenue Seconds today. I like the fit and shape much better than the Hopkinson. The defect is the size of the cap which is not the same on both shoes. I noticed it almost immediately but my wife didn't notice when I asked her to spot the defect. Would you keep or return? The anniversary sale is coming up in April. Assuming these are $150 off I could get first quality for $275 in April, plus the $25 restocking fee I'd pay for returning these, so $300 compared to the $249 I paid for these. I have a feeling this defect is going to drive me nuts. Pics below.

c5TUhmI.jpg

9YXhSjo.jpg

On the one hand, err... foot, the difference is not really noticeable (to me) even after I know they’re different. However, for $249, if it really bugs you and you think you can get some firsts for +$50 and can wait another two months then I say go for it.

I guess I am just selectively OCD.

Plus, take my advice on what to keep and what to return with a grain of salt because that is coming from the guy who is keeping these because he thinks they have character.

FAC8D70C-0E7D-418F-A267-4066D2AD0AD9.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where do you get a haircut on a Sunday?

No interesting answer. The lady works 5 days a week and goes home on the other days before I get home from work. She comes in on Sunday morning so I see here then. Just scheduling.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent most of my day in my Saukvilles designing and building steps to our bed for our little guy.

FAD6C493-95DC-49AD-A32A-E9BC74B3C416.jpeg

When we rescued our (then) 7 year old chug I was adamant that he was fine to be on the couches and sleep next to our bed. It stormed his first night at our house and my wife and I woke up to him digging under our blankets, so he has been sleeping in our bed ever since. Our old bed was ~18” off the ground which was a good running leap for the old guy, but after we moved we upgraded our set up beyond his jumping ability.

Apologies to any craftsmen in the thread, as this is barely worth the screws in it. The first “training session” resulted in him jumping up without the steps.

DC0CCCA8-F3BD-404A-A03D-A38FE601AA12.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

danwatts2005

Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 931683

What is your limiter in the 65? Toe box? I have the same situation at 11 - D is too tight in the toes so I have to go to 11E (I get too much heel slip with 11.5D). My natty shell strands are 11D and are perfect - shell is sometimes lasted a little looser.

Also, green would be a great complement to mid grey or browns. Also, pretty much all tweeds ....
View attachment 931687

Just the lacing gap. It's quite large in my usual calf size, but I haven't tried a shell Park Ave yet. Toe box is snug on the sides, but still feels roomy in terms of volume. Some say that shell is looser, while others say it fits the same as calf. I may just have to order and find out, but I'm not sure what the price of those were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members