• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell Leeds for today. These have the number for the #8 shell, but are more of a chocolate brown.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark denim + natty CXL = $$$$$$$$

Also, for my fellow natty wearers, looks like there are more Humbolt belts than what are listed on the website. Just place a call to your local SA and they should be able to help you out. ~$40 for 1st quality belt seems like a steal, no?

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've switched to criss-cross lacing for my balmorals on the advice of the manager at my local retail store. I must say that he was correct in that it's working out better for my mutant right foot. Thanks, Brian! I made the switch after taking my photo this morning. So far, so good! Dang, I love my Bourbon Fifth Avenues... from the color, to the quality of the leather, to the fit. So wishing I had jumped on any chance to score another pair of Bourbon.... Strands or McAllisters would have been nice. C'est la vie, as they say.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Molding young minds today (or something like that)- my first AE's, black Boardrooms:

Last edited:

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've switched to criss-cross lacing for my balmorals on the advice of the manager at my local retail store. I must say that he was correct in that it's working out better for my mutant right foot. Thanks, Brian! I made the switch after taking my photo this morning. So far, so good! Dang, I love my Bourbon Fifth Avenues... from the color, to the quality of the leather, to the fit. So wishing I had jumped on any chance to score another pair of Bourbon.... Strands or McAllisters would have been nice. C'est la vie, as they say.
Pardon my ignorance, but what was helped by moving to criss cross lacing? Could you have done the European bar lace with criss cross under?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals! I received some NOS vintage Hanover longwings yesterday. They are really sweet. Some time with conditioning and I will post pictures of the maiden voyage. Today is some Non-AE shell.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what was helped by moving to criss cross lacing? Could you have done the European bar lace with criss cross under?

I believe the bar lacing was creating a pressure point due to a bump on the instep of my mutant right foot. The criss-cross pattern seems to have spread out the pressure more evenly... or at least that is my evaluation so far. Perhaps I'm faking myself out. I'll have to look into other lacing methods. Not 100% I dig being able to see the criss-cross under the bars, but that's purely subjective and of course others will have their own opinions.

whodey14

Reaction score

Navy Strands with Dainite soles.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new to the forum.

Did a search and could not find an answer to my question.

First big AE fan. Funny just over 50 years old and just discovered AE about a year ago. Quickly fell in love and replaced all my shoes with AE and then some. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me a man interested in shoes.

As I said went a little crazy the past year buying shoes I think I am now at the 10 pair mark.

My question is I do by from the Shoe Bank and I have even visited several shoebanks in my travels including the factory in WI. When I shop the Shoebank I notice that as you would expect shoes can be available at any number of the Shoebanks across the US. However many shoes are listed at the "Consumer Assistance Center" and this is not a Shoebank.

I have purchased from both the Shoebank in WI and the Consumer Assistance Center also in the same building in WI. But I
cannot figure out what is the difference more specifically where does the Consumer Assistance Center get its shoes from.

I do know that when you are at the Shoebank in WI at the same location as the Customer Assistance Center you cannot by the shoes that are listed
as for sale in the online Shoebank from the store you must purchase them on the phone and have them shipped.

What I mean is since there is a factory store and Shoebank in WI at 201 East Seven Hills Road and the Customer Assistance Center is also right there at 201 East Seven Hills Road in WI
why would AE have two outlets in the same building if there were not some difference between the shoes they sell.

If you ask or look online there is no mention of the 2 different outlets at 201 East Seven Hills Road but yet they both carry
different shoes and are different phone numbers.

I theorize that all the actual Shoebanks are selling seconds and that the Customer Assistance Center is actually selling
first that were returned.

It more of a curiosity for me to know the difference as i have bought from both with all positive results.

I do know one difference is for example if you call any of the Shoebanks you can ask them to pull the shoe and look it over
for you and tell you why they think it is a second if they see any issues
and if you call the Customer Assistance Center they cannot look a the shoe as it is stored in the warehouse and they have
no way to get to the shoe.

So if anyone knows the real difference between the Customer Assistance Center and the Shoebank at the same address
let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new to the forum.

First big AE fan. Funny just over 50 years old and just discovered AE about a year ago. Quickly fell in love and replaced all my shoes with AE and then some. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me a man interested in shoes.

As I said went a little crazy the past year buying shoes I think I am now at the 10 pair mark.

My question is I do by from the Shoe Bank and I have even visited several shoebanks in my travels including the factory in WI. When I shop the Shoebank I notice that as you would expect shoes can be available at any number of the Shoebanks across the US. However many shoes are listed at the "Consumer Assistance Center" and this is not a Shoebank.

I have purchased from both the Shoebank in WI and the Consumer Assistance Center also in the same building in WI. But I
cannot figure out what is the difference more specifically where does the Consumer Assistance Center get its shoes from.

I do know that when you are at the Shoebank in WI at the same location as the Customer Assistance Center you cannot by the shoes that are listed
as for sale in the online Shoebank from the store you must purchase them on the phone and have them shipped.

What I mean is since there is a factory store and Shoebank in WI at 201 East Seven Hills Road and the Customer Assistance Center is also right there at 201 East Seven Hills Road in WI
why would AE have two outlets in the same building if there were not some difference between the shoes they sell.

If you ask or look online there is no mention of the 2 different outlets at 201 East Seven Hills Road but yet they both carry

I theorize that all the actual Shoebanks are selling seconds and that the Customer Assistance Center is actually selling

It more of a curiosity for me to know the difference as i have bought from both with all positive results.

I do know one difference is for example if you call any of the Shoebanks you can ask them to pull the shoe and look it over
and if you call the Customer Assistance Center they cannot look a the shoe as it is stored in the warehouse and they have

So if anyone knows the real difference between the Customer Assistance Center and the Shoebank at the same address
let me know.

Thanks

The shoebank located there is a store with inventory. The CAC is where ALL returns go shoebank included if I am not mistaken. It can also be where they go before they are sent out to any shoebank (of this I'm not sure). The inventories are not kept in the same place. If you would like them looked at before sent out, I suggest calling the actual shoebank store you mentioned as ask them to have the shoes pulled from the warehouse for them to inspect the shoes before sending them out. They can do this but it will take a day or two for them to get them. Good luck!

Last edited:

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brand new to the forum. Did a search and could not find an answer to my question. First big AE fan. Funny just over 50 years old and just discovered AE about a year ago. Quickly fell in love and replaced all my shoes with AE and then some. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me a man interested in shoes. As I said went a little crazy the past year buying shoes I think I am now at the 10 pair mark. My question is I do by from the Shoe Bank and I have even visited several shoebanks in my travels including the factory in WI. When I shop the Shoebank I notice that as you would expect shoes can be available at any number of the Shoebanks across the US. However many shoes are listed at the "Consumer Assistance Center" and this is not a Shoebank. I have purchased from both the Shoebank in WI and the Consumer Assistance Center also in the same building in WI. But I cannot figure out what is the difference more specifically where does the Consumer Assistance Center get its shoes from. I do know that when you are at the Shoebank in WI at the same location as the Customer Assistance Center you cannot by the shoes that are listed as for sale in the online Shoebank from the store you must purchase them on the phone and have them shipped. What I mean is since there is a factory store and Shoebank in WI at 201 East Seven Hills Road and the Customer Assistance Center is also right there at 201 East Seven Hills Road in WI why would AE have two outlets in the same building if there were not some difference between the shoes they sell. If you ask or look online there is no mention of the 2 different outlets at 201 East Seven Hills Road but yet they both carry different shoes and are different phone numbers. I theorize that all the actual Shoebanks are selling seconds and that the Customer Assistance Center is actually selling first that were returned. It more of a curiosity for me to know the difference as i have bought from both with all positive results. I do know one difference is for example if you call any of the Shoebanks you can ask them to pull the shoe and look it over for you and tell you why they think it is a second if they see any issues and if you call the Customer Assistance Center they cannot look a the shoe as it is stored in the warehouse and they have no way to get to the shoe. So if anyone knows the real difference between the Customer Assistance Center and the Shoebank at the same address let me know. Thanks
From my experience, the shoes I've received from the CAC have always been in the worst shape, by far. I doubt they're returned firsts

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new to the forum.

let me know.

Thanks

The CAC is just the central warehouse. It supplies all the outlets. As the basically only ship product, when you order from them, they will not "pick" you out a nice one. There is no shoe conspiracy.

If a shoe is at the CAC, you can call an outlet and have them order the shoe from the CAC to their store, and then have them look it over.

Edit: In more detail, all seconds (weather returns or straight from factory quality control) go to the CAC, the CAC sends seconds to the outlets. You can't physically shop at the CAC because its a warehouse and not set up as a store. Hence they built a ShoeBank store at the location.

Last edited:

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my experience, the shoes I've received from the CAC have always been in the worst shape, by far. I doubt they're returned firsts
I have so far had good luck with the CAC but maybe you are correct maybe they are returned seconds that were returned due to the imperfections and some may have just not fit. I bought a pair of Sauk Drive boots from the CAC it was just a few months ago. So it did seem odd since this boot was long discontinued and I hadn't seen stock in a long time. Also the only pair on the site in any size luckily the one size they had was mien. It was clear to me that the boots were tried on and worn on carpet or a tile floor for a bit by someone. But they were only $129 so I could not really complain, I replaced the laces with the stock Dalton laces so they look just like Daltons except for the sole and for bad weather the knob rubber is probably better.

whodey14

Reaction score
Curiousity question, where do I go to edit my signature? I can't seem to find that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads