• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the Ralph Lauren Shanley model in the Shoe Bank. Are they current or closeouts? Are they only available in a few sizes?
can't

At the risk of someone scooping up a pair from beneath my nose . . .

Here are the "model numbers" on the shoebank. Do you know how to adjust for width/size based on altering the URL?

Black calf: 91460S
Brown calf: 91461S
Bitter chocolate suede: 91462S
Snuff suede: 91463S

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Haha -- I'm a 13 EEE or 14 E, so I doubt they have them in my size, but I may pass the recommendation onto a friend. The last seems narrow for me, even if they were in my size, but I love how they look.

At the risk of someone scooping up a pair from beneath my nose . . . 

Here are the "model numbers" on the shoebank.  Do you know how to adjust for width/size based on altering the URL?

Black calf: 91460S
Brown calf: 91461S
Bitter chocolate suede: 91462S
Snuff suede: 91463S

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha -- I'm a 13 EEE or 14 E, so I doubt they have them in my size, but I may pass the recommendation onto a friend. The last seems narrow for me, even if they were in my size, but I love how they look.

Ha don't worry, I checked ahead of time to see if they had any larger sizes (it seems on the RL website, 13D is the biggest they go). Wasn't worried about you scooping me!

Last edited:

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it's ok to throw in a quick belt question. This seems to be one of the most knowledgable threads re leather in general.

This belt was straight when new. Now after a handful of wears it's taken a curve. Is this considered "warping"? Does it mean it's poor quality? Will it get worse with further wear?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it's ok to throw in a quick belt question. This seems to be one of the most knowledgable threads re leather in general.

This belt was straight when new. Now after a handful of wears it's taken a curve. Is this considered "warping"? Does it mean it's poor quality? Will it get worse with further wear?

This happens to every belt I've ever owned. I've heard some people say a "higher quality" leather belt will resist this, but I have a couple AE belts and this happens with them too.

I took someone else's advice here and now I alternate the direction I wear my belt so that it never gets warped (it just means that half the time I'm wearing looping the belt clockwise instead of counter-clockwise).

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This happens to every belt I've ever owned. I've heard some people say a "higher quality" leather belt will resist this, but I have a couple AE belts and this happens with them too.

I took someone else's advice here and now I alternate the direction I wear my belt so that it never gets warped (it just means that half the time I'm wearing looping the belt clockwise instead of counter-clockwise).
This. It's curving to fit your body (some of us have more curve than others), which can eventually loosen the grain and damage the leather. Flipping it around stretches the belt more evenly so that the grain doesn't get stretched only on one side, creating a weak spot.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, my Niles cap toes arrived today. The size is 8.5 C (108 last), which actually fits me well, but the V gap is large. I'm on the fence about keeping them or selling them. I'd love to keep this discontinued style, but the V gap is a bit large.

Here is a pic of my PA's and Niles.

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grey Long Branch for filial obligations today.

Outside in the shade:

Dimly lit doctor's office:

Coffee was present, but forgot to make its cameo.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Westchester Wednesday:

Oh, and with my fancy new Color 4 wallet from @Deusis!

Guys. I have color 12 shell right now - that's how math works. Or is it color 32?

RTD1

Reaction score
This. It's curving to fit your body (some of us have more curve than others), which can eventually loosen the grain and damage the leather. Flipping it around stretches the belt more evenly so that the grain doesn't get stretched only on one side, creating a weak spot.
By flipping it around, you mean wearing it the way women wear their belts?

whodey14

Reaction score

Walnut Wednesday

Middlife

Reaction score

It means it's time for you to hit the gym
tounge.gif
jk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance