• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

styleaudit91

Reaction score

I normally wouldn't wear these with a blue suit, but I had to try out my new Cornwallis, and I wanted to break them in on carpet in the office:

Also, I think "Midnight Monday" should be a thing...

I wouldn't even have questioned these being black if I did t see your post as to these being the Midnight a couple days back. How are they with navy pants? I feel they may go well since they are still significantly darker?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Woodlore Epic knock-offs (or at least non-branded versions made by them). MassDrop occasionally has them for about that money in 2-pair packs. I like them a lot. Would guess the ones in the link above are fine...

frosejr

Reaction score

They look like Woodlore Epics. I use the Epics in some of my shoes.

Woodlores are all made in USA. This company's web site says they ship US cedar to China to make them. Some people might care, some might not.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't even have questioned these being black if I did t see your post as to these being the Midnight a couple days back. How are they with navy pants? I feel they may go well since they are still significantly darker?

They actually go surprisingly well with navy pants- the only time I noticed that they were definitely a color other than black was in direct sunlight outdoors. "Midnight Navy" is a very apt name- these certainly aren't a bright shade of blue.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They actually go surprisingly well with navy pants- the only time I noticed that they were definitely a color other than black was in direct sunlight outdoors. "Midnight Navy" is a very apt name- these certainly aren't a bright shade of blue.

Is it me or is this another case of. "Once again, better than the pictures on the AE website."?

AE would be better served giving some forum members pairs of upcoming shoes and have them take the photographs. In case they're reading, put me down for any new shell.
mwink[1].gif

styleaudit91

Reaction score

Very nice. Excited to test their veristility. Did you go with black belt with them? Ive been trying to figure out what to do about that but this may confirm that a black makes sense.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or is this another case of. "Once again, better than the pictures on the AE website."?

AE would be better served giving some forum members pairs of upcoming shoes and have them take the photographs. In case they're reading, put me down for any new shell.
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

I learned pretty early on that you can't trust the pics on AE's site. Their photography is often very inaccurate with the real color.

Having said that, I really like that dark blue color of the Cornwallis. It might just be the lighting in that picture, but they look darker than I expected.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice. Excited to test their veristility. Did you go with black belt with them? Ive been trying to figure out what to do about that but this may confirm that a black makes sense.

Yes- black leather strap on a Tiffany buckle and a black watch strap. I won't bother trying to find a navy belt to pair with these, the black works perfectly

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I learned pretty early on that you can't trust the pics on AE's site.  Their photography is often very inaccurate with the real color. 

Having said that, I really like that dark blue color of the Cornwallis.  It might just be the lighting in that picture, but they look darker than I expected.  

Granted, this is in my office, but they are a bit darker than I expected as well. That said, it makes them far more versatile IMHO.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mwink%5B1%5D.gif

It sort of reminds me of the Hober site in that the stock photos don't do the ties justice. At least on the Hober site there is a gallery of customer supplied photos that better show how fantastic the ties are, both in color and texture.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting my work week off the right way. Oxblood Ascher and some bright socks.

Jackboot

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of the Sea Island to the Patriot? I have the Patriot and am wondering how I should size the Sea Island.

Pequot

Reaction score
Saw a pair of brown McTavish's in 10.5E pop up on SB - first time I've seen them there. I emailed and they are already gone! As a newbie I need to work on my FBWeasel speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics