• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

andiandi

Reaction score
Just bought ne AE Leeds in burgundy Shell Cordovan. Really like that shoe, but somehow I feel like the lacing is somewhat crooked on the one shoe... Does anyone feel the Same way?

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I meant the Madison Avenue. It's a cap toe blucher similar to the Clifton
900b5b3c9366b4d6951a81cb7d173330.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure but the only place I've ever seen them sold is Nordstrom Rack (I don't recall them on AE site but it could have been before me). Someone had stated that AE seems to make shoes exclusively for the rack but I don't know if that is true.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought ne AE Leeds in burgundy Shell Cordovan. Really like that shoe, but somehow I feel like the lacing is somewhat crooked on the one shoe... Does anyone feel the Same way?

I know what you mean. I have 2 pair of Leeds and they both do that. It's normal in my experience. I noticed that too when I bought them, but you can adjust the tongue and laces a bit to make it more straight. It's not really a big deal to me.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday, Gents! Slim faded denim and Addisons today. (Man these things are a mess... serious need of cleaning, heavy creases in one shoe and not the other, probably the worst heel slip of all my AEs. Maybe time to ship out? At the same time, they are decent beaters and the dianite has settled nicely.)

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the FBWs - Can anyone help me identify this shoe?

Do you know of other navy, possibly CXL shoes? I have been on the hunt for a unique blue/navy casual shoes... Had my eye on some older blue Strandmoks, but nothing has jumped out at me yet.

Middlife

Reaction score
Just found out allen edmonds has a sale on there merlot color shoes, but my size that i want will be back order for 4 weeks. I've never brought there shoes from their site before. So i was wondering if they use usps, ups or fedex to ship out their shoes? I know they use usps for there smaller items like the polish and shoe laces but what about larger items. I'm asking this because in 4 weeks i won't be in the country so I was hoping they use usps. Your answers will be highly appreciated.

@cnation They have used both FedEx and UPS for me in the past. FedEx delivers on time or early, never a problem, leaves it at the door. UPS has screwed up a lot, delivers either late or very late in the day, leaves it in the driveway and has even left stuff at the wrong house. They have never used usps for me.
With return labels they keep track by doing FedEx for Shoebank and UPS for CAC. I know I've seen UPS for shipments through both Shoebank and when ordering through the Allen Edmonds website. I'm not aware of any type of consistency with how they ship.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys....

Noticed there is very little love for the Clifton or Madison Avenue. I think these look great in Walnut and can be very versatile. Is there any love for these models and what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like the Madison Ave. However, the last doesn't work for me. The Cliftons are a solid model. I thought that the Clifton is a Nordies only model, but i could be wrong.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
The Madison Avenue in brown was one of my first pairs of Allen Edmonds, and is still my go-to shoe on days I wear brown suits. I bought my new on eBay, with leather soles, for $150 or so. They used to be available at mainline Allen Edmonds stores, but (at least when I started shopping at Allen Edmonds) they only had Dainite soles.

I'm not sure but the only place I've ever seen them sold is Nordstrom Rack (I don't recall them on AE site but it could have been before me). Someone had stated that AE seems to make shoes exclusively for the rack but I don't know if that is true.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I may be putting my head into the lion's mouth here, but:

Option one: Doc Martens pebble grain chukkas ($55 at Nordatrom Rack) plus burgundy Nathans or some other close out in the $150 range,

OR

Option Two: brown country grain Dundees

Obviously, the Dundees are higher quality than the Doc Martens, but are they good enough to allow me to check the proverbial box and put the savings elsewhere?

Last edited:

supplychainman

Reaction score

Option one: Doc Martens pebble grain chukkas ($55 at Nordatrom Rack) plus burgundy Nathans or some other close out in the $150 range,

OR

Obviously, the Dundees are higher quality than the Doc Martens, but are they good enough to allow me to check the proverbial box and put the savings elsewhere?
Both?
fing02[1].gif

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worst shoes ever.

Gotta work on your delivery - the following would have been better:
"You wasted a horse for that? (pun intended)"

I'm sure you'll do better next time, you wascally Wilbert wearing weasel.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OR

I have brown country grain MacNeils and if the Dundees are half as pretty, you'd have yourself a killer shoe. I haven't seen dundee country grain in the real world but I'm on record saying it would be a great combination.

Last edited:

Southwick

Reaction score

Happy Friday, Gents! Slim faded denim and Addisons today. (Man these things are a mess... serious need of cleaning, heavy creases in one shoe and not the other, probably the worst heel slip of all my AEs. Maybe time to ship out? At the same time, they are decent beaters and the dianite has settled nicely.)

What do you clean them without? I have a pair of Lake Shore Drives that are in serious need of attention. Also, I have the same problem...creases on one shoe and not on the other. But I love that Dainite sole, too. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Southwick

Reaction score

What do you clean them without? I have a pair of Lake Shore Drives that are in serious need of attention. Also, I have the same problem...creases on one shoe and not on the other. But I love that Dainite sole, too. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't know how to edit... I meant to ask what you clean them with. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads