• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any with the combo tap sole. What is your experience with them? (All of mine are just leather bottom no dainite either)

Well that is a fair point. Perhaps I will!

@Neo1 Yea I quite like the 65 last though I'm also considering the 201 namely the Warwick and Rogue. I like the Warwick but I don't know when I'd wear them.

I generally just go with leather, but I do own a pair with the combo and it does help with slip, though I don't find leather all that slippery (guess its the way I walk) I've worn my Normandy's in ice and snow without issue.

If your EVER going to consider a Toppy, then get the Combo Sole. Its worth the extra money over having a toppy put on by a cobbler in my opinion. It just looks SOOO much cleaner.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggestions/Opinions please:

I wear 1 last shoes such as Leeds, Bradley, Dalton in 15 D.

I am considering a McGregor second from the shoe bank which is a 5 last...a longer last.

Would you think a 14E would make sense or a 15D?

Thanks.

S

Well I'm on the other end of the spectrum 8's. D in the 511 (though E is OK except for the Dundee -> not enough eyelets), then E is my best fit in the 65. I don't know how well that will translate up at the 14-15 range, but ultimately getting them on your feet will be the true test. So glad I now have an outlet relatively close so I can have them ordered from the bank to try on, no strings.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A day late, but here are the Walnut Daltons with Dainite (seconds $197). The ONLY fault I found was a bit of eyelet misalignment on the left shoe. Really only noticeable on the left shoe, bottom pair where the laces bar across. Some AE conditioner in the gusset helped improve it a bit, so I'm hoping it will get better as they break in. In any case, I can live with it. The color is a touch warmer than in the pics, probably because of the overcast day.

Last edited:

Eric Pease

Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmale.../unadvertised_sale_for_allen_edmonds_seconds/

Jeffersonville unadvertised sale. only there and only seconds. does not include bourbon.

I first checked Shoebank to see if they had the brown First Ave boot in my size. wasn't on Shoebank but I called Jeffersonville and they had them: First Ave for $249. Worth a call.

Again this is only at Jeffersonville and are seconds:

Lasalle $279 now $179
Addison $239 now $189
Badlands $239 Now $189
Maxfield $219 now $169
Neumok $219 now $169
Leeds 2.0 $299 now $199
MacNeil 2.0 $299 now $199
Grayson $299 now $199
Randolph $299 now $199
Mora 2.0 $299 now $199
Ascher $299 now $199
Fifth Street Boot $299 now $199
First Ave Boot $349 now $249
Road Warrior’s – Retail $295 - 2nds $239 now $189

Last edited:

harlequin782

Reaction score

If you like the suede on the Strandmok, then maybe take a look at a suede Dundee 2.0.  They both use suede from CF Stead.  Unlike the Strandmok, the Dundee is lined (I think thats the only difference).  CF Stead makes REALLY nice suede.  My first pair of AE's were the Dundee 2.0 in Loden, and they still remain my favorite pair.

Side note: Really wish AE make their suede belt in Loden.  Picked up one in Bitter Chocolate from the Rack for $40 this week, and its sweet.

Damn you for bringing up that suede Dundee..I had finally wrestled my mind away from getting that gorgeous navy suede Dundee on clearance a couple of nights ago, by convincing myself that since I've already got a shell dundee, I wouldn't need 2 casual chukka boots. Plus I REALLY need a rubber soled shoe of some sort. And I wanted to get into the suede game, so, the Strandmoks were my attempt at killing two birds with one stone.

Lol...But seriously, thanks for the suggestion...clearly the Dundee is an option I'll have to put back on the table when I prepare to place my order during this sale.

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you for bringing up that suede Dundee..I had finally wrestled my mind away from getting that gorgeous navy suede Dundee on clearance a couple of nights ago, by convincing myself that since I've already got a shell dundee, I wouldn't need 2 casual chukka boots. Plus I REALLY need a rubber soled shoe of some sort. And I wanted to get into the suede game, so, the Strandmoks were my attempt at killing two birds with one stone.

Lol...But seriously, thanks for the suggestion...clearly the Dundee is an option I'll have to put back on the table when I prepare to place my order during this sale.

Yes, that Navy Dundee is tempting me too. Must.... show.... fiscal.... restraint!!

PS, you could get the Dundee with a V-Tread Tap Sole.

tmchow

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up a pair of Strandmok 2.0 in suede. Seems to be a great semi-casual shoe for spring and summer.

I'd ideally wear with jeans and potentially a blazer or just a button up shirt.

Debating between grey and the brown. Anyone have input or, even better, photos with jeans?

I've seen the brown in a photo way earlier in the thread but never seen the grey.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, that Navy Dundee is tempting me too. Must.... show.... fiscal.... restraint!!

PS, you could get the Dundee with a V-Tread Tap Sole.

OK, since you are hoping for fiscal restraint (well, part of you is), would it help to ask you if you have really thought through how and how often you would wear a split welt chukka in navy suede?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, since you are hoping for fiscal restraint (well, part of you is), would it help to ask you if you have really thought through how and how often you would wear a split welt chukka in navy suede?

They're out of my size, so I don't have to worry about it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Thats some Remo Williams s***.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Count de Monet So are you trying to say its not ok to go to work business formal with a suit, tie & blue suede boots? Completely ruined my plans.

On a more serious note, I guess I'm surprised at the level of interest in the new strandmok - the suede colors are so light, plus the white sole...i really loved the colors they used to offer on the neumok - they're a little wild but dark/antiquated enough that they really look good for casual beyond just the summer season. I just don't get the appeal here unless people are just trying to take advantage of the sale.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SLCRich With a 7D patriot I sort of need to pry them on with a shoehorn to get past the heel, then the overly large toebox helps compensate for the pain I would normally get due to low vamp. With a 7D Grayson, they slip on a lot easier, the toe box is initially a little crammed but it expands somewhat and the heel (which is quite wide) does cause slipping but this lessens with wear. So I went same size.

harlequin782

Reaction score

I know you weren't asking me, but honestly, with my wardrobe, I could easily wear the thing every single day and it would look pretty sick with alot of the color combos I have...arrggghh .... the struggle is so very real!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads