• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjdgjdgjd

Reaction score
Hello all...a bit frustrated here. New bourbon Strands with dainite sole seconds...it's splotchy a bit, but I figure with polish it will even out a bit.

The problem is the tongue stitching... It's missing on one side above, and I can see it's ripped underneath on the right shoe.

Is this going to affect wear and comfort down the road? Thoughts?

danwatts2005

Reaction score

Hello all...a bit frustrated here. New bourbon Strands with dainite sole seconds...it's splotchy a bit, but I figure with polish it will even out a bit.

The problem is the tongue stitching... It's missing on one side above, and I can see it's ripped underneath on the right shoe.

Is this going to affect wear and comfort down the road? Thoughts?

I usually poo-poo seconds complaints, but stitching is a different matter. Is there another pair in your size?

RichieP

Reaction score

This has to be the worst April 1st joke :)

LOL. Too subtle?

Joke was on me, though. When I got home, there was an Allen Edmonds sale catalog in the mailbox! Filthy barnweasels keep pulling me back in.

Edit: Sale starts on the 8th.

Last edited:

danwatts2005

Reaction score

LOL. Too subtle?

Joke was on me, though. When I got home, there was an Allen Edmonds sale catalog in the mailbox! Filthy barnweasels keep pulling me back in.

Sale starts on the 5th.

I must be last on the catalog list. Anything good? On a side note, only a few caught my 4/1 joke.

RichieP

Reaction score

Haha, I hear you. Anything interesting in the catalog?

I must be last on the catalog list. Anything good? On a side note, only a few caught my 4/1 joke.

$50 off models:
Strandmok 2.0 suede
Daytona & Interstate 90 drivers
Brisbane & Cheetah sneakers (says limited size run)
Cavanaugh & Schreier (a Cavanaugh with a double tassel)
Strandmok Dainite models
Arezzo & Verona II Italian loafers (also limited size run)
All Road Warriors
Voyager

$100 off models:
Sea Island suede loafers (also limited size run)
Lake Bluff, Cody, and Shreveport wovens
Boone suede bucks (new colors, limited size run again)
McAllister
Carlyle
Grayson
Warwick
Lake Forest

Seems like some new belts too.
20% off bags, wallets
Funky new socks

harlequin782

Reaction score
Not much of a sale (for the items I'm interested in)...but thanks for the info.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@harlequin782 What I was wondering was whether this would only apply to 1sts. Did you notice the last thing with the oak st was 1sts only? Believe that's the first time I've seen them do that.

harlequin782

Reaction score

@harlequin782 What I was wondering was whether this would only apply to 1sts. Did you notice the last thing with the oak st was 1sts only? Believe that's the first time I've seen them do that.

I can't honestly say I know what you're referring to regarding the Oak street thing...aside from the fact that I did see the oak street on sale on the actual AE website a couple of days ago along with the voyager and a few other shoes...but I just thought that it was a separate sale for those shoes, before the real sale..it seemed kind of like just a flash sale or something...It would be interesting to find out whether any of these offers extend to seconds, as you say, though.

Last edited:

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$50 off models:
Strandmok 2.0 suede

$100 off models:
Sea Island suede loafers (also limited size run)
Boone suede bucks (new colors, limited size run again)

This might be enough to get me to pick up a suede Strandmok. Puts the Sea Island where it needs to be for a DR-made shoe. Boone is a great deal that cheap.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@naspratt 1. I looked at the strandmok 2 in the store, nice shoe but very summery/casual and the sole is a pure contrasting white. 2. The Sea Island just looks like they took a Kirkwood and literally just slapped a leather sole on. Wish it was made in USA even if the price was a lot higher, the construction looks like its not there. 3. Boone is nice, rubs me the wrong way they just clearanced it for lower though.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@harlequin782 Sorry, wasn't clear enough. What I meant was in that last period in March, the Oak, Nashua, Voyager and Wilbert 1sts were less than the 2nds, since the 2nds weren't affected. I was wondering if they repeat that for the thing on the 8th.

Last edited:

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Neo1 in reverse order: the Boone - yes, but now there are more colors! Shame about the Sea Island; I was really interested in them when they were made in the US, seems like they're really trying to preserve that profit margin to offset the better quality suede. For the Strandmok, I wouldn't mind a pure white sole on a summer sneaker, my suede Pumas all have that anyway and I would view this as an upgrade from them.

Last edited:

danwatts2005

Reaction score

@harlequin782 Sorry, wasn't clear enough. What I meant was in that last period in March, the Oak, Nashua, Voyager and Wilbert 1sts were less than the 2nds, since the 2nds weren't affected. I was wondering if they repeat that for the thing on the 8th.

I actually liked the flash sale a lot. I hope they do it on other models throughout the year. I am usually partial to firsts on sale or clearance over seconds, so I'll bite whenever I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads