• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnham

Reaction score

Nice start!.  You'll be hooked now.  Just remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Yeah, I'm looking to buy one more pair next month. There's no way back now!

If you're going to post shoe pictures here, you have to follow the rules.
The first shot requires a beverage (preferably coffee) in the picture. The second picture has to casually include your watch, in an inconspicuous manner.

I will keep that in mind, too bad that I have no watch :(

danwatts2005

Reaction score
Where does one find these sale prices? I just purchased the Sea Island this week at my local store and am awaiting for it to arrive in the mail, as they did not have my size in stock. Would love to save 34%........

TIA
This is an upcoming annual sale. I believe it usually starts in April. If I were you, I would return the shoes when you get them, and buy them again during the sale. Worst possible outcome is that the Sea Island is not part of the sale after all, and you end up paying full price a second time. Best case scenario, you save about $100.

Uncle

Reaction score

Where does one find these sale prices?  I just purchased the Sea Island this week at my local store and am awaiting for it to arrive in the mail, as they did not have my size in stock.  Would love to save 34%........

TIA

I believe they go to 199...pretty sure they will honor sale price, otherwise, you'll need to take back and rebuy. Forgot to ask about the dates..

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys did see my post from last week about the sea island being 199 I hope....still ain't worth it.
1f609.png

danwatts2005

Reaction score
You guys did see my post from last week about the sea island being 199 I hope....still ain't worth it.
1f609.png
I'm not sure about that. That is only $14 more than a Kirkwood, and you get the high-quality suede. Of course, this theory assumes that the Kirkwood is worth it at $175.

nbj08

Reaction score
Got over to an AE store earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised to see the Sea Island in stock.

The suede is truly amazing, and I'm certainly going to buy them at $200.

But my question to y'all is this: should I stick with my normal size (10.5D) and wear them sockless, or should I go up to 11D to wear with no-show socks?

barto78

Reaction score
Got over to an AE store earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised to see the Sea Island in stock.

The suede is truly amazing, and I'm certainly going to buy them at $200.

But my question to y'all is this: should I stick with my normal size (10.5D) and wear them sockless, or should I go up to 11D to wear with no-show socks?

I wear a 10D in the 5 last and i went down to 9EEE. The shoes haven't come in yet, so i don't know if the fit is going to be perfect or not, but that's the size the guy that helps me told me i would wear.

barto78

Reaction score
Let's see:

25% of on:

Graysons, Carlyles, McCalister, Yorktown, Lake Forest and Warwick

34% off on Sea Island

17% off on Strandmock

and 26% off on Daytona and Interstate 90.

There were some other odds and ends but that's all I could memorize.

I'll likely pick up a pair of Carlyle's & McAllister's Definitely been eyeing a pair of Carlyle's in OxBlood or Dark Chili

FaRKle

Reaction score
Where does one find these sale prices? I just purchased the Sea Island this week at my local store and am awaiting for it to arrive in the mail, as they did not have my size in stock. Would love to save 34%........

TIA

If you purchased them with your credit card, see if one of the benefits of that card is price protection/matching. Most of my credit cards have a price matching benefit where if I find a cheaper price within 90 days, make a copy of my receipt, lower-priced ad, and fill out the CC company claim form they'll refund me the difference. I've used this many times.

nbj08

Reaction score
My slow closet purge continues!

I bought these dark brown Leeds new about a year and a half ago. They were one of my first 'nice' shoes and at the time I still thought I was an 11D (I've since learned I'm a 10.5D for everything except 1943 and 65 last).

Only worn two or three times, and they are simply too big for me.

Dark brown Leeds (1.0) in 11D

BL70

Reaction score
Lol glad I'm not the only one. I also bought my first pairs thinking i was an 11d and slowly shrunk down to a 10. Luckily my two pairs in 11 fit well enough that I can wear them still. I did have to unload a 10.5

My slow closet purge continues!

I bought these dark brown Leeds new about a year and a half ago. They were one of my first 'nice' shoes and at the time I still thought I was an 11D (I've since learned I'm a 10.5D for everything except 1943 and 65 last).

Only worn two or three times, and they are simply too big for me.

Dark brown Leeds (1.0) in 11D

danwatts2005

Reaction score

Pair #11. Oxblood Daltons from a fellow forum member. These are going to quickly become favorites. I might be posting photos of shorts with dress boots soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads