• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All about Levi's

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the Levi's matchstick jeans. Good fit and less than $180 at full retail.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I'm talking about Macy's Levi's for ~$40. Capital E and LVC are much better, but at their price point, I generally don't find them particuarly impressive compared to what else you can get.

I don't think most things at retail is worth the money but generally Levi's at Mervyns or Kohl's price them for about what they're worth.

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
Hey guys,

Im looking into getting some good quality Levi's (not the ones at walmart) and would like to know where i can check some pairs out both online and in person. I dont like "slim" fitting jeans because i have big quads from working out and running and so id prefer either a regular fit or somewht loose. I have a 34 waist and 32-33 inseam.

Any Ideas?

I'd say for the money (~$30), shrink-to-fit 501s are a great deal. They're loose enough to be comfortable but they're not loose enough that they look stupid or drag on the ground. Not only that, but they're raw denim, so you can wear them and they'll age and distress quite personally. Since 501's are so common, you can easily find 34x32/33. I'd suggest you try them on before you buy them, though, because they stretch a little. You might find a 33" waist would fit the best after some wear (presuming you wouldn't be washing them for a spell since they're raw). As long as you can get them buttoned all the way up, I'd say they'll stretch to a comfortable level.

You can find STF 501's at JC Penney, some Sears, Macy's, etc...

If you want a slightly less involved pair, I'd recommend 517's (traditional boot cut). You can get them in raw or rinsed denim. If you want a similar fit to the 517's with a slightly low-rise waist, try 569's, though you can't get 569's raw.

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
oh and you can always find all of the jeans I mentioned for less than $40 if you're willing to check two or three stores before you buy; you'll probably find them under $40 everywhere, though (except maybe Macy's).

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
I'd say for the money (~$30), shrink-to-fit 501s are a great deal. They're loose enough to be comfortable but they're not loose enough that they look stupid or drag on the ground. Not only that, but they're raw denim, so you can wear them and they'll age and distress quite personally. Since 501's are so common, you can easily find 34x32/33. I'd suggest you try them on before you buy them, though, because they stretch a little. You might find a 33" waist would fit the best after some wear (presuming you wouldn't be washing them for a spell since they're raw). As long as you can get them buttoned all the way up, I'd say they'll stretch to a comfortable level.

You can find STF 501's at JC Penney, some Sears, Macy's, etc...

If you want a slightly less involved pair, I'd recommend 517's (traditional boot cut). You can get them in raw or rinsed denim. If you want a similar fit to the 517's with a slightly low-rise waist, try 569's, though you can't get 569's raw.

Awsome info man. Thanks i appreciate it. That had been my only problem because i had large quads so the jeans would get tight around the thighs...

thanks again.

tigerx

Reaction score
i have a pair of Capital E Hesher, and i hate it because i can't seems to stop wearing it
smile.gif

neyus

Reaction score
I like the repros with the selvage.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
this thread is sooo cute.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of all I gotta laugh at all the guys who think their huge ass quads make them look freakishly buff. I estimate that 99 out of 100 have completely normal thighs... or you are fat

Anyway if you somehow see yourself getting 20 billion pairs of premium Levis in the future, I don't have much advice for you, but let me give you one single recommendation. Start with the godfather of them all, the LVC 501 1947 cut in dry wash. They cost $174 at levis stores. The denim is very nice and they have all of the bells and whistles such as leather patch, hidden rivets, selvage, etc etc. You will need to account for shrinkage if you plan to wash them. By the way I do not find these overpriced at all.

Wear these around for a few months before spending another bazillion dollars on other levis you may never wear or which will go out of style in 6 months.

tljenkin

Reaction score
A dry 501 is capable of going out of style? News to me.

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
First of all I gotta laugh at all the guys who think their huge ass quads make them look freakishly buff. I estimate that 99 out of 100 have completely normal thighs... or you are fat

Anyway if you somehow see yourself getting 20 billion pairs of premium Levis in the future, I don't have much advice for you, but let me give you one single recommendation. Start with the godfather of them all, the LVC 501 1947 cut in dry wash. They cost $174 at levis stores. The denim is very nice and they have all of the bells and whistles such as leather patch, hidden rivets, selvage, etc etc. You will need to account for shrinkage if you plan to wash them. By the way I do not find these overpriced at all.

Wear these around for a few months before spending another bazillion dollars on other levis you may never wear or which will go out of style in 6 months.

Its not about being freakishly buff, its that i dont like my jeans to be tight around my thighs. So i dont wear "slim" jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads