• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

lckychrmsbboy

Reaction score
Mythage, I'd size up 1. It probably would stretch out I personally would just size up and get something that pretty much fits properly from the start.

Wing0, I'd also look into the Petit New Standard. If you didn't already know the PNS is new and slightly different from Petit Standard. From what I know it has a larger thigh so it may work out for you. Or you can do what you were talking about.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did you do it from the outseam or the inseam?

inseam. the selvage is a bit wider but that doesn't bother me, i never wear them with a cuff.
i think someone here said the legs ended up slightly twisted after tapering the outseam, which i could imagine happening.

Last edited:

moogpunk

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of Noir Petit Standard in size 31?? I just got them, and they fit a little different than my Made in Vietnam 31's in indigo, I probablay should have sized up.

Looking for $150 shipped to anywhere in USA. If you want to expedite this process just pm me your paypal email and ill send an invoice and ship asap

sambodini

Reaction score
About how long do you guys think it takes for these jeans to stretch out completely?
I'm a break-dancer, so it only took about 3 days for me. For you, probably 1-2 weeks, unless you are also a break-dancer. If you're thinking about getting break-dancing lessons to speed up the process, it's a waste of money. You can just learn on the YouTube. You get awesome fades from the spinning and whatnot as well.

Last edited:

doublebb

Reaction score
About how long do you guys think it takes for these jeans to stretch out completely?

It took me roughly 4 days of casual wear until they quit stretching, much faster than I expected
is the denim worth getting/

It depends largely on what you're looking for, but yes, it's decent denim for the pricepoint.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
get wings+horns instead... better jeans, same price, less on sale

Trenton

Reaction score
Here are my Petit Standards after 6 months of wear.
Size 28s (I am normally a 31 in Levi 510/511) They took about 2 weeks to initially stretch out and break in and 6 months later I haven't noticed much more stretch. but they are beginning to color fade inside of creases. They're looking awesome. I had some folks ask me if I buy my pants with wrinkles behind the knees. I said, "let me introduce you to the world of RAW denim".

sambodini

Reaction score

Here are my Petit Standards after 6 months of wear.
Size 28s (I am normally a 31 in Levi 510/511) They took about 2 weeks to initially stretch out and break in and 6 months later I haven't noticed much more stretch. but they are beginning to color fade inside of creases. They're looking awesome. I had some folks ask me if I buy my pants with wrinkles behind the knees. I said, "let me introduce you to the world of RAW denim".

Looking good! Nice pedals there - specially the line 6 one - fun!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member