• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tommy Bahamas Silk/Silk Linen Pants [trousers] Styles, Fit, and Sizing

Mokwit

Reaction score
Yeah I know, probably not an appreciated brand here but I am in tropical climes and loose cut silk/silk with bamboo/cotton/linen is hard to find anywhere - usually higher end designers. Looking for silk stiffened with bamboo/cotton up to max 20% or Linen with silk to stop you looking disheveled.

So: I am confused about the various styles out there still being sold BNWT and also sizing and fabric.

Any light members (perhaps from their burner account) can shed on the various styles and cuts appreciated
Styles I have seen so far:
St Thomas slimmer fit? flat front?
Boracay Flat front?
La Jolla Flat front?
Mahalo bay flat front?
Monterey Flat front?
Leo
Grayston Pleated?
Relaxed fit generous seat and large thigh Not for me - I look like a Greek God in my late 50's.

Doesn't always say whether flat front or pleated and whether straight leg or tapered, loose or more fitted.

Now, SIZING. Seems inconsistent.
It seems TB sometimes uses vanity sizing and sometimes doesn't which makes buying online difficult.

I bought Grayston 36x32 tag BNWT (not "relaxed") and it measures as 38" waist, my tailor had to shorten the leg by 4" to get my normal 31 (29 1/4 measured from TB low crotch and 41" total length from 44-5" I note there was 2" available at the hem which if consistent allows buying shorter and letting down.

HOWEVER I have seen 36" tag measured at 36.5" and 35" measured as 36".

The sensible thing to do might be to buy 36" and accept looseness. A 35" with 1" extra would be right , but too small if true to size, and 34" if it has 2" extra 'round the waist also right but too small if only 1"

Can anyone shed light on sizing. I am a 36" European suit and 33/34"Levis 505/502.

BTW, you wouldn't wear tropical look gear like this in Thailand outside a resort - you just look like a tourist - it is dark suits in formal business situations when suits are worn/"Polo Victim" on Casual Fridays.

Mokwit

Reaction score
I maybe now know which model (Havanas) to look out for. Seems St Thomas are not for me and also "relax".

With Havanas does anyone know if they fit true to size both waist wise and leg wise? If not what kind of excess? TIA

My Galveston as I said are 26" tag 28" measured and maybe at that size they really pile it on. Looking around on ebay it seems 34 and 35" are either true to size or only one inch bigger than tag - inconsistencies like that don't help.

Also there is a model called "spray" per tag, which sometimes is a standalone and sometimes is "St Thomas Spay" per tag. Spray might actually be a fabric type though.

My updated list:

St. Thomas Straight leg?
Boracay Flat front 77% cotton looks like a jean fit

Offshore flat front cotton tencel

La Jolla Flat front?

Mahalo bay flat front?

Monterey Flat front?

Leo

Grayston Tapered, pleated

Relaxed generous seat and large thigh

Havanas Slimmer, tapered? fit
Hawaiian
Oceanaire
Flying Fishbone
Spray is fabric ? often Spray St Thomas

Island chino, island rider – newer cotton jean

Attachments

• StThomasORSpray.jpg
    StThomasORSpray.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
  • StThomasSpray.jpg
    StThomasSpray.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Sprayisstyle.jpg
    Sprayisstyle.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 30

Mokwit

Reaction score
I maybe now know which model (Havanas) to look out for. Seems St Thomas are not for me and also "relax".

With Havanas does anyone know if they fit true to size both waist wise and leg wise? If not what kind of excess? I see one with a label that says "authentic fit" which I assume means true to tag size. TIA

My Galveston as I said are 26" tag 28" measured and maybe at that size they really pile it on. Looking around on ebay it seems 34 and 35" are either true to size or only one inch bigger than tag - inconsistencies like that don't help.

Also there is a model called "spray" per tag, which sometimes is a standalone and sometimes is "St Thomas Spay" per tag. Spray might actually be a fabric type though.

My updated list:

St. Thomas Straight leg?
Boracay Flat front 77% cotton looks like a jean fit

Offshore flat front cotton tencel

La Jolla Flat front?

Mahalo bay flat front?

Monterey Flat front?

Leo

Grayston Tapered, pleated

Relaxed generous seat and large thigh

Havanas Slimmer, tapered? fit
Hawaiian
Oceanaire
Flying Fishbone
Spray is fabric ? often Spray St Thomas

Island chino, island rider – newer cotton jean

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads