• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, I didn't forget. I didn't know in the first place. :facepalm:

ha. yeah.

so the yankees and Os are for sure getting a wild card spot since the rays and angels are 4 games back. oakland can still lose out on it if they lose all 3 to the rangers and either the angels and rays win all 3. the playoff picture is pretty much set, it's just what team is playing the wild card games.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magic Number for the Tigers: ONE

Yesterday, another painful one run victory. It seems this has been a season of either one run victories or one run losses.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The offense was disappointing against the worst staff in baseball, however, I'm betting no team wants any part of the the tigers in a short series. Our rotation is set. Sanchez has been really good over the last month. Hopefully Max is healthy.

How does the wild card work AFTER the play in game? Does the rule still exist where two teams from the same division can't play each in the divisional series?

Last edited:

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Well this could be the day clarinetplayer. Best wishes, I have come to appreciate your pain these last few weeks hope it ends well for you.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like the 2-3 game format in the divisional series is a bit whack.

I'll take Verlander and Fister at home starting instead of on the road.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
While I like the new WC format, which makes for lots of intrigue and excitement, it is important to note the following, as posted on ESPN today at http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/29389/three-days-left-sorting-out-scenarios

Wait, just want to make this clear. You're saying all these other teams are scrambling for division titles and wild-card spots and maybe have to deal with tiebreaker games or wild-card games, going all out and unable to fully rest their pitching staffs or lineups while the Tigers will likely get to set their rotation and rest their bullpen? Just because the random distribution of teams put the Tigers in the weakest division in the league, which means they'll make the playoffs despite having just the seventh-best record in the league? -- Jim, Detroit

Yes.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nats are NL East Division Champs!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Detroit Tigers AL Central champs for the 2nd year in a row. Whew! It has not been a pretty season. But a win is a win is a win.

There is time to rest the pitchers and rethink strategy.

The Tigers have this problem of playing at the level of their opponent. Thus, we have lost--big time--to some of the worst teams in baseball. And, we have won games some of the best. So, for the playoffs, this might be a good omen.

So glad that Porcello got his Win Number Ten. He needed a boost in his self esteem after pitching so well in previous games but not receiving any run support.

Will we see Don Kelly on the mound on Wednesday night? :D

The post game celebration was fun. Just before his interview, the TV camera caught Jim Leyland snuffing out a quick (probably illegal inside the ballpark) smoke. Leyland certainly gave an emotional interview.. A modest man.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank god it didn't come to Wednesday. I was thinking it would. They can rest Schrezer now. We can't get home field. I'd rest Fister too.

Wednesday better be a bullpen day. Valverde is due for an implosion. Lets get it out of the way now.

But really. Isn't this 2-3 format sort of wonky. Why in gods name would you want to start on the road against the aces. Weird move but it was approved by all of the owners.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank god it didn't come to Wednesday. I was thinking it would. They can rest Schrezer now. We can't get home field. I'd rest Fister too.
Wednesday better be a bullpen day. Valverde is due for an implosion. Lets get it out of the way now.
But really. Isn't this 2-3 format sort of wonky. Why in gods name would you want to start on the road against the aces. Weird move but it was approved by all of the owners.

Last night, Max said that he wants to (needs to pitch) a few innings on Wednesday as he has been inactive for so long. Probably will happen. When Papa came to the mound, last night, I just held my breath.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah. I just read where he will pitch a short outing. Probably start and go 3 innings.

tullytra

Reaction score
Do the Tigers get home-field for the Divisional Series if they play a wild card winner since they are a Division winner, or will the wild card get it from a better record?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads